free hit
counters
Norwich to Aldeburgh TAKE TWO! - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
simonf

Norwich to Aldeburgh TAKE TWO!

Andy has suggested the 24th July (but meant Sunday 27th July!) to have another go at getting those fish and chips.

As ever can we have a list of attendees:-

Simonf(car permitting) Fish and Chips required!

Edited by Tentenths
Date correction

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Assuming the car is back from Hethel - I can make the 24th. I get home on the 23rd, so will probably be seriously hung over.

AEG-banner.jpg

Simonf(car permitting- or else he'll be a passneger in another car) Fish and Chips required!

Anddclements Fish and Chips Required

marvin (Chris) - potentially

No football tournament this time ( btw my team won, although I let my striker daughter manage and captain the side from her on the day chosen goalkeeping position) but away that week!

Just checking, but the 24th is a Thursday yeah? Unless you meant August (just checked the other thread!), in which case I might be able to do this.

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Andy/Simon + dates = God knows when!!!

I think this is meant to be the 24th August, not July, unless the blue peril is on the road again by the 24th, if so we could do this on the 27th July. Also the 24th August is the bank holiday weekend, so check your family plans.

Simonf - (car permitting- or else he'll be a passenger in another car) Fish and Chips required!

Andy Clements - Fish and Chips Required

Marvin (Chris) - potentially

Owen & Tracy

What is it with AEG and dates? :lol:

List for Sunday 27th July 2008 -

Simonf - (car permitting- or else he'll be a passenger in another car) Fish and Chips required!

Andy Clements - Fish and Chips Required

Marvin (Chris) - potentially

Owen & Tracy

Just to let others know the EALC are doing a run that day, from Dunstan Hall (Norwich- hotel of choice for the 60th) leaving a 10:15, perhaps, we could meet there (Norwich contingent)- a good chance to say Hi.

Andy

Might be able to make the 27th. I will keep you posted.

AEG-banner.jpg

I WANT TO DO IT ON THE 24TH!

but would be happy to do it on the 27th!

i am going to put some real effort into getting the car up and running in time (which will mean getting it MOT'd too so wish me luck!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

What's the going rate for bribing an MOT tester?

Only kidding.

BTW, 33% off MOTs for AA members, or 10% off for just booking online.

http://www.nationwideautocentres.co.uk/BookOnline.aspx

One firm not far from you (Rackheath) do approx 25% discount by booking a few days in advance.

Cheers andy but i plan on getting on off the internet! Its the only way it is going to go straight through!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Sorry, can't make that weekend.

It is the Lotus celebration at the Historic Meeting at Silverstone.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Hi,

Just update the list:

Simonf - G Turbo Esprit -(car permitting- or else he'll be a passenger in another car) Fish and Chips required!

Andy Clements - G Turbo Esprit - Fish and Chips Required

Marvin (Chris) - V8 Esprit - potentially

Owen & Tracy

Owen, are we following the same route or are you going to draw up another map (and then not follow it :devil: )

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

We are going to meet at Dunston Hall so those who didn't make it Monday can meet up with the EALC people. We can hopefully chat with them before they leave for their event and we leave for ours. We then go down the A140 to scole where we will pick up the remain route that we had planned on doing. So maps are still valid so don't throw it out, but I do have some spares.

I will inform of arrival time later, got to talk to EALC about meeting up.

Owen

Hi,

Right everyone, this is the next event this coming Sunday for AEGers.

Meeting at Dunston hall around 10am, look out for EALC as we will meet up with these guys there to have a chat before both groups set of for their own hoons.

The list of attendees:

Simonf - G Turbo Esprit -(car permitting- or else he'll be a passenger in another car) Fish and Chips required!

Andy Clements - G Turbo Esprit - Fish and Chips Required

Marvin (Chris) - V8 Esprit - potentially

Owen & Tracy

Right, we're back.

I had posted here but it was during that "lost" hour when the wrong backup of the forum was restored.

I have to apologise on the way home for taking the wrong turn in Eye and thus joining the A140 further south than necessary, but it was a nice run to that junction so I don't feel to bad about it.

Why did I join at Eye?

Owen, any comments?

So Aldeburgh take 1 involved Owen missing a turn on the route he planned and Kimbers following the correct route.

Aldeburgh take 2 involved Owen disagreeing with his sat nave on which way to turn and mistaking one market town high street for another (very similar looking) one that was ten of miles away.

But it was a great day, SimonF, sorry you couldn't join us for the drive there , or back, but good to see you make it there with family.

I'm just back from Tescos having purchased a bottle of after-sun.

Rudolf has nothing on me, I've got a cherry red nose, ears forehead, cheeks, neck.

I must use sunscreen.

Andy

Sorry I missed it but my wifes Graduation meal was on.

I did shoot over to Stratton motors at 4.50 to see if you drove past but I obviously missed you all. Any piccies?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Nice to see all the old faces and some new ones! Sorry i didn't get to see you for long, but as you could probably tell i was having to give some Jane and Joseph time!! I suppose it was well over due, i have been working on my car alot and have managed to sneek out on quite a few lads nights - stating i am just going for a couple and then rolling in at three o'clock steaming drunk! so fair is fair as they say - still managed to tie the two things together though so brownie points there me thinks!

I hope my car is ready for the next hoon! Anyone fancy thinking up a route? I am going to give it some thought and may even get owen to produce a map for me!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Well, my nose has already started to have skin peeling off as a result of slight sun burn (I was described as looking like a beetroot today at work).

I found myself in a really happy mood at work, despite more issues than normal, it must still be the relaxing effects of the hoon, and generally chilling out.

Kimbers, 4:50 we were probably on the beach near Sizewell.

Tony & all others, you were missed, but maybe we can get one more weekend run in before the weather turns nasty, not for a few weeks though.

Pics may follow, but I don't think many were taken, not of the convoy, or of the R8 and prancing pony in Aldeburgh.

Hi,

It was a great day on Sunday all round, weather, food and company. Thanks to all those who attended and those who couldn't make it you missed out on a nice drive and social gathering, even if the end destinations were nothing really special.

Sizewell isn't as big as I thought it would be, but I suppose once you get inside it's bigger than you think. What

Thanks Owen for organising the run out, good company, good food and a nice route. And thank you Gerry for the refreshments, they were much needed. I think we saw a little more of Suffolk on the way home than intended :(

looking forward to the next one.

Sign in to follow this