free hit
counters
Esprit at the ring.......mine. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Esprit at the ring.......mine.

brunchen2smalllx4.jpg

It was awesome to see people completely ignoring Italian exotica and concentrating their gazes upon my car......which......for the record, still looks amazing even when parked next to a Lambo.

So glad I'd got the suspension sorted before I went, it's completely transformed the car into not only a pretty decent track tool, but also a superb GT car......1500 miles, completed with ease.....the return journey done in one hit taking 13 hours door (ring) to door (Burnley)......and returning.....get this.....a brilliant 28mpg overall!!!!!!!

I've now done the ring enough to NOT get wasted by too many lesser cars, and I'm now taking a few scalps of my own......it was nice to hear a guy say to his mate "is that a real 350?......f**k me, that thing flies"

Thanks to Pete at PNM for sorting the suspension and brake parts, and Dave Walters at Esprit Performance for the carbon seats.....man, those things are fantastic!!!!.......everybody with an Esprit NEEDS these seats.......

I've gone from a feeling of indifference about the car, mostly due to it's crap former suspension, to complete and utter worship of the thing....it does everything......well.

It's now back on the stands so that I can lavish more time on it with a decent service......done, admittedly more for my benefit than the cars.

So....in summary, you can stick yer M3's, Porsches and anything else perceived as the best ring cars, where the sun don't shine.....the Esprit ROCKS.....official!!!!!

Time for a big gulp of 'calm down' juice for me I think.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good stuff.

Really good to see you enjoying the car at long last :lol:

How did your brakes hold up to the punishment of the

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Sounds like you really enjoyed it :lol: which is good to hear!

Once people get over the astonishment of actually seeing an Esprit being used in anger on track, they can't fail to be impressed by the performance of them! - And the fact that they don't just fall apart as described by all the armchair experts....

Looks rather good too!

Lap time?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Hi Daniel.

Great news on your trip, at one point, I thought you weren't going to make it!

Thanks for the positive feedback on the seats. Iam cutting down at the mo and have lost 1st-9lbs. Just need to get to the magic 2st-0lbs and I may fit a set of the CF seats in mine again. Trouble last time is that I couldn't fit!

Did you have any problems with setting up the shocks or did you get it right first time? How does it sit compared to the old suspension, higher, lower, same?

With regards to MPG, I went over to Hull a couple of weeks back in mine. Got stuck in traffic for an hour between Bradford and Leeds so it was stop start all the way. Then on the way back I was doing three figures all the way. I thought I was getting crap MPG until I checked next day, 24MPG! This is great considering the stop starting and brisk driving on way home!

Regards,

Dave Walters

ps, if you need to borrow my diagnostic cable then give me a bell

Lap time?

9 minutes

Dave

I really wanted to get the geo set up again at Phoenix Motorsport where I had it done recently, but I didn't get chance as the kit only arrived the day before I went.

I spoke to Phoenix who suggested I set the ride heights the same as they were, which I did.......but it's going back for him to do properly again.

I've got the diagnostic cable, which reads a fault on an o2 sensor.......problem is, 3 of them are reading 0.47v, which is not correct......Pete suggests I check the actual cables on the sensors, which I will, but it's unlikely to be the problem causing the misfire.

I'm thinking more like a sticking injector?

Excellent! great to see people out there running their Esprits. I've gotten similar reactions when folk see an Esprit on the track, and it's worth the effort to see their reactions when the car out runs them in their newer cars. I managed to upset one NSX owner so bad he left in disgust because his car was not up to his expectations.

Good luck and keep the photos coming.

Great to hear that you like the ring in the Esprit that much, that is what is needed enthusiasm!!!!!

--> would that not be an awesome outing for LEW/LEF : a Ring Run with real numbers of Esprit!

I'd volunteer for organizing if needed......

I would advise excessive GT4 / GT5 test runs ! B)

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Excellent and great to see the car on there.

This is one of my do before I die or some eurocrat makes it illegal.

Nice one.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Wow nice work, god you must be well wrapped. Our S350s are rockets and they play with the best out there, ive already got the next track day lined up. Its the only time you get to find out its true colours :lol:

350.gifNo.23

F**k

i'm feeling a bit envious

never going to get that feeling on zandvoort, zolder or assen again with my esprit

but

that's the toll you pay with putting the money back in my pocket and trading in a lesser car

hope it still will feel right in a year

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing