free hit
counters
Uxbridge Autoshow Sunday 20 July - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Uxbridge Autoshow Sunday 20 July

http://www.uxbridge-autoshow.com/index.html

One of the Club Lotus guys threw me an exhibitor pack at the pub last night. It's only down the road for me, so what the hey?

Seems like a pretty big event with lots of other stuff going on, so even the missus is interested! Looks like it might cost

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gary

Car back with Geoff at Esprit Engineering, looking at the steering and a B-service, prob, wont get it back till weekend after next??

Have a good one, I'll keep you posted if things change & I can make it.

GT3-jonny B)

It's a very good show.

:lol:

Been a few times now, but not the last couple of years as it collided with other stuff.

Anyone know if they have sorted the queue's out to get your car in? Real rad buster

causing my S3 to overheat and chuck out it's coolant, and the SE got the hottest it has

ever been to date!

Excellent display of stuff there. Might pop up myself, but probably as a civvy, as i'll not

want to commit as an exhibit and get there early and stay most of the day.

Sparky,

I have booked in my entry. Always a very good event and have attended with different cars for the last 4 years, sun always shines. Where abouts are you and was it you I passed in Tolpits Lane this evening?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Well, hope to see a few of you guys there.

Trev - yes! You have an entry in Spotted. I live in Watford near the park. Thought you had to be local. Saw you briefly at the pub last night too.

See you Sunday then!

P.S. Jon - wrong time of year for booking it in - hurry up!

Went to this show about 6 or 7 years ago. Big event with lots of cars. I was on the Club Lotus Stand.

Sorry can't make it this year - seem to be missing my exhaust manifold and not sure when the new one's arriving.

Maybe it bodes well though. If I'm not there, the sun might be shining!!

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Cracking Mark! I didn't have any piccies from the show and that was whilst her new paint job and refurbed wheels were still sparkling! I think she still look beautiful despite the scratches, stone chips and curbing!!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

peteyg

Fabulous looking car. I would love to find room for an S2 in the garage. Had one many years ago and to my mind they are better looking than the S1 and the non wrap around bumpers look cleaner than the S3. Shame you can't make it.

Trevor.

Aha! The weekend's here, and someone has thrown the monsoon switch again.

I'm a tough SLEG, but I don't know if I can face another event up to my ankes in mud/snow/frogs (delete as appropriate).

Looks like we may go cos the weather looks promising.

But perhaps not in my Lotus but the Maserati this time round....

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991

TRAITOR!

Actually, it'd be nice to see it there. Weather does indeed look a little more promising! I'll be getting there around 0900, wiv de missus.

Sorry could not make it because I forgot about another engagement which I promised to go to on Sunday. Oh well I missed out a good opportunity. Hope you guys had a good time... any pictures?

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991

I had fun - good to meet the Club Lotus guys again (want an Excel as well now), and lots of interesting cars to see. The hot hatch brigade was out in force, demonstrating that watts are far more important than horsepower by trying to shake various panels to bits, but still a really good variety of decent classics. Found myself a wicked Star Wars pin badge set too!

Mark,

Not a bad show but as Sparky said, the hatch boys are starting to show up at what used to be classic events. In my opinion this is degrading the show and as a result there are less auto jumblers in attendance and the show has a different feel to a few years back. The next event is in on the 30th and I will post this in events.

Trevor.

Sign in to follow this