free hit
counters
Pair of big rear wheels - V8, aftermarket - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
M Blur

Pair of big rear wheels - V8, aftermarket

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As far as I know there are no aftermarket rims available for the Esprit since Lotus used an unusual PCB both front and rear. The only option is to go for a bespoke set - I know Karl did that for his GT3.

Moving forwards it may become a bigger problem particular for the rears due to the market trend of moving to larger diameter rims with lower aspect ratio tyres. I know Goodyear don't make (and have no plans to make) their latest F1 Asymmetric in either 285/35/R18 or 295/35/R18 so if you want to keep using the latest tyre technology a new set of rims may be required, say 235/35/R18 at the the front and 295/30/R19 at the rear.

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Hi Jon,

For price wise and quality I would consider using compomotive motorsport

rims, they are bespoke, made up the 18" and 10" wide thats what i run

on mine on the back with 275 35 18, great looking wheels and they are light as hell!

Well worth considering, good luck on the search regards danny

A

Jon

I have a set of Split rim Compomotives complete with slicks that came off an early racing Esprit Turbo (the one that ended up with Mike at Lotusbits). They are f'ing big! 4 stud though, any good?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Cheers guys,

5-stud only - Compo MO 6 spokes are good - Team Dynamics have just brought in a new wheel that they'll do also - called the 'JadeR' and again very light for size.. awaiting prices.. I tried to get Mark Mackenzie to give me his set of Azevs that are 19 295s and look great but no joy..

Ideally I want 12.5Js to fit the latest sizes made for the new crop of hyercars - i.e. 315-335 section 18-19s.. may have to go to Image but at a grand a pop for a pair of rears before tyres it's not cheap..

How wide did Hethnel make the V8s rears?

JB

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I think the widest were Sport300 rims...

Rear: 10.5'' x 17'' OZ alloy rim with 315/35x 17'' Goodyear GS-C tyre.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.