free hit
counters
Tornado warning! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Tornado warning!

t70

WOW.. Andi's crappin her pants... and I'm sitting here with a wicked adrenaline rush... the tornado's are all around us.. we were watching a 2-4 mile wide storm cell forming when I was leaving work.. and it was barely raining... then within 5 minutes the wind went from nothing to ridiculous and the rain managed to soak me -- running full out -- in about 100 yards to the car... I couldn't see a thing on the drive through town.. covered in water.. WOW WOW WOW!!! WHAT FUN!!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I took a few pictures too - but it was only dark clouds....

We avoided the worst of the storm, which passed north of us. Just a good soaking and a bit of a blow, but no tornadoes out my way.

Looking forward to better weather on the weekend.

here's some shots of the evening...

Before the storm..

DSCF1096.jpg

during the storm... trying to drive... lol

DSCF1097.jpg

after the storm...

DSCF1099.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

What a sight!

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

"Wow what fun" an interesting perspective. Do those TV dishes stay on roofs in that sort of storm?

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm not sure... but some guys porsche flipped over... and there was a trampoline flying down the trans-canada highway...

I've always had a bit of a morbid fascination with storms. Love watching Lightning storms but Tornadoes in the UK are pretty rare. That's a great pic of the storm building - looks like the sky is almost 'bubbling' with anger.

Some of the hailstones before Tornadoes are pretty impressive from what I can see. Wouldn't want to be have car on the drive or be out walking though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I was in a tornado while in Alabama a while back. Sky went from normal to an ominious dark green color and out of nowhere came the wind and rain. Just as quickly as it started it was all over. Kinda cool!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I was near Chicago at the weekend and a storm cae through. Above me was blue sky. As I looked east the sky got cloudy and darker. Then there was a band of light cloud but beneath that it was pitch black. People were taking pictures with their cell phones. I took shelter.

I lived in California and must say that I would take the threat of earthquakes over tornadoes any day as every time there is a thunder storm you get a tornado warning on the TV. Most newish houses in California are pretty earthquake proof but not many houses anywhere are tornado proof.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

It's a shame you missed it dave!... As for Tornado proof... good point.. but driving through the storm was unbelievably intense... what an awesome adrenalin rush!

I've done some preliminary calculations, and find that the odds of three (Mark, John, Dave) and possibly four (Garry's stats don't show a Lotus in the vehicle list) Lotus owners all residing in Medicine Hat, Canada are approximately the same as the first Eagle project car being sold in Katmandu. Add to this the claim of a Porsche residing in the same town, and it is fairly obvious that this thread is being posted by a single individual, masquerading as multiple personalities. And tornados in Canada? These pics are obviously artifacts of Photoshop software and soundstage backdrops with matte "bluescreen" enhancements. There are actually some folks that claim we've landed on the Moon, when everyone knows the entire event was done in L.A.

My other working hypothesis is that there are actually only 10 people on the forum, all madly creating numerous "personas" (including, can you believe it, some lady in New Zealand named "Kylie". Riiiight.) with their attendant bogus threads and followups. Bibs, I am quite certain now, does not exist. He is the collective effort of these 10 jokesters and this whole thing is CIA front.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

John (the 11th horseman)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Good lord John... You're right! I'm Mark John Gary Dave Terrio-Cameron-Aerobat-Ludwar-Brown... And I photoshopped everthing! My other personality that claims to run this forum... has receded into the darkest depths of my mind and won't come out...

lol !! :lol

I get that way when I've been drinking too much, also !

Edited by aerobat

whod said I was drfinking?

As I've been telling myself all these years, I'm not schizophrenic and neither am I.

Still, the voices in my head can be a real nuisance. :devil:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

My other working hypothesis is that there are actually only 10 people on the forum, all madly creating numerous "personas" (including, can you believe it, some lady in New Zealand named "Kylie". Riiiight.) with their attendant bogus threads and followups. Bibs, I am quite certain now, does not exist. He is the collective effort of these 10 jokesters and this whole thing is CIA front.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

John (the 11th horseman)

Geeez I come here to check up on the storm news and I find John has been out stalking people again !

Bogus threads John? :unworthy:

350.gifNo.23

Do you have a basement Mark? Frankly, us Brits get spooked when someone loses a chimney in Birmingham...and it makes the national news. Yet you seem to shrug off a cow flying past and Lots of Porkers ending up where they should be....in trees.

Did see a Trampolene fly over my house a few years back though....surreal.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

One should always be cautious of those from that northern American state Tony, they hide the bodies in those basements.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Dear Roger;

I caution you to refrain from referring to Canada as "that northern American state." That is... of course... unless you wish to be joining the other stiffs in my basement... :)