free hit
counters
Wing mirrors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

After having my 98 esprit 4 days the drivers side wing mirror has become very loose on its bracket to the point where it will not hold itself in the correct position, i just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem before and wether its a quick fix or a garage job.

Appreciate any info as i am new to lotus cars.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Toronto lotus dealer my 1989 Esprit turbo had this exact problem.

Turns out it was a loose allen grub screw that didn't bind the mirror body to the mirror mount. If your mirrors have been bumped and wacked around too much then the alloy mount (from a plastic bumper CX) is likely cracked at or near the allen grub screw hole. Then, no matter how much you tighten, it will not properly bind the mirror body tight in its mount.

AP

I had the same problem last year. Easy enough to fix - just need double jointed wrists to undo the screws inside the door cavity. Once the mirror is off you can then tighten up the big hex nut (with a bit of Loctite).

I think this is how I did it. ;)

Owners_SimonStagg_16.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017