free hit
counters
P1412 error code - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BobG

P1412 error code

Hi All, just spent the weekend at the Classique le Mans, embarked late last week having reset the error code P1412 using my Gendan connector.

Previously the EML came on when normal driving, I have noticed neither over boost nor lethargic acceleration.

Anyway, throughout the weekend and 400 miles, whilst I initially tried to be my own water gate on the throttle, no repeat of the light coming on took place. And I was using full throttle on the gorgeous empty French roads towards the end of the weekend.

Do you guys reckon that this was a glitch? Or is it common for waste gates to seize than un-seize? Can they be serviced/repaired? ;)

Cheers all

Bob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

is your clearance for the RH -wastegate actuator right? especially as it is closer (in the situation of movement rear wards to open the wastegate) to the engine block. I lost my locking/secure elements of both wastegate actuators some years ago (the have fallen off from the lever by rust..). And replaced them with some fixings from an brake pad. So look closer what is fitted to your car. Maybe it is to large to provide free movement of the wastegate actuator, and then this can get blocked under full throttle/full boost.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi guys, it's a totally standard car, as far as I am aware. I have not yet had a look at the state of teh turbos other than to know that they look dull and untouched and so assume never changed or worked on the the 30,000 miles / 7 years car has been on the road.

Perhaps next setp is to get car on ramp for a good look. Interesting thing though is that EML not come on since and I have done 600 miles with periods of full throttle, partcularly third and fourth.

Cheers

B