free hit
counters
Programming key fob - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Programming key fob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reprogram them to do what?

I wouldn't have a clue how to do it by the way.........even if I knew what they could do.

Mind boggles

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Russ.

I see that Neal is also on in "real time", so he'll probably beat me to the punch, but here goes: In the first few pages of the Owner's Manual, it explains how to "recode" the transmitter key(s). Basically you turn on the ignition with the regular key, insert the "touch key" into the receptacle on the tunnel switch panel, press both key fob buttons at the same time for approximately 10 seconds, then press either button. You must do this for each key in the same "session".

Regards,

John

note: the key fob transmitter is "dynamic" in the first place ("rolling" frequency change each time used), so the only time you would need to use this procedure would be if you inadvertantly "wiped" the code of your current key(s). One way to do this is by following the first two steps above.

Normally you would employ the procedure only upon procurring a new set of keys.

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Russ,

IIRC you can re-program the keys. The encoder chip has a matrix of PCB tracks that can be cut or left connected. The base code for the transmitter is decided by which lines are connected.

If you just want to re-sync the key fob transmitters to the alarm unit then it is the procedure given above by John.