free hit
counters
I got one! - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

I got one!

bramble111s

eek!

If that's brake fluid then FFS make sure it doesnt get anywhere near your paintwork!!!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally light cars have good handling, when sticking it into a corner it has less tendancy to simply carry on in a straight line. Boys at the factory tend to agree. Out of the expert's hands it's anyones game if you ask me Esprit wise - I've been in some equally impressive cars and some flat spots - depends on the driver's ability to get the most out of the car.

Bramble - you wanna get on that leak asap, might be a spillage from a top up but certainly keep an eye on it.

facebook = [email protected]

As Patrick says, GT3s are a bitch to drive smoothly, took me ages to perfect a technique.

Your exhaust pipe is oversized as it is a custom system, have you seen the video of it on here? - http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuf...onFest2003.html

Might explain the clearance issue.

Headlights always feel like the nose of the car will snap off when lowering them.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Rick 2005, had your car on my desktop for the last 3 weeks, as I was waiting to collect mine, only Azure blue GT3 pic I could find!

Patrick, Mark, thanks for that, sometimes I can be smooth, othertimes very not so! I actually enjoy the challenge and it will be rewarding to 'get it' sometime in the future!

Noted exhaust oversized, dealer confirmed this yesterday.

Couldn't find a video of the actual exhaust or noise? Am I looking in the right place?

Well, cleaned up the brake fluid leak! But all seems ok, will monitor, lost a bit of paint underneath, but not too bad.

Been hot air blowing the boot, to try and dry out the back strip where the top hats have leaked, almost dry, except for the corners, will have another go tomorrow. At least the cars finally in the garage, was awaiting the new concreate floor to set!!! So hopefully water ingress will be minimised.

Hope to get the radio sorted this week by a professional!

Just when I thought all was now sorted, pulled up at father in laws and he says your car is smoking!! Opened up the engine cover and indeed smoke was comming up from the left hand side of the engine, as one stands behind the car. There seemed to be large pools of oil, plus possibly water sat in the hollows below and in between the Ignition leads, this was burning off causing some smoke, but also wisps comming up from below out of sight.

Could be a spill on top up?

Or might there be a leak!?!?? :(

Also discovered in third that theres another whole 6 inches of accelerator pedal push down! :( I have really been driving 'miss daisy' !

Anyway it felt...

:P:P:(

Wow! this car is actually a lot more than I expected, I think its actually closer to the Elise handling wise than I thought it would be!

thanks for everyones replies and links, advice etc, just love being part of the community. Cheers all!

Edited by bramble111s

Could be a small weep from the gasket on the cam covers (red things with LOTUS on them). This was very comon on the GT3's I've seen when I was looking, easy fix, usually down to incorrect location of the gasket. Again check the fluid levels to make sure you're not losing too much.

Either that or as you say they could have simply spilled some LOL as the filler is right there.

Other than that oil can pish out of the turbo oil exit pipe as what happened on mine, that'll jet oil out quite happily so it might be worht a check - just come directly back towards the rear of the car from the sparking plugs and see the turbo, check the pipes visable to the up side, if any are weeping it can smoke a little.

Hehe on the pedal - found that out too as mines very stiff and its so far over.

Glad you're liking it !

facebook = [email protected]

Congrats on the purchase - sue looks fantastic...

As said previously, get the dealer to sort any niggles...

Regarding the thumping headlights... There is a rubber stop that, IIRC, the push rod slams into. These deteriorate and can make the "slam" a bit dramatic. I replaced the ones on my X180 with a bolt covered with some PVC caps. Does the job pretty well.

Ian

The smoke was probably that oil dripping onto the manifold.

TBH in the space of a few days of picking up a car from a dealer, NONE of these problems are yours. That's what you paid him for!

Get it back there with a list of things to sort out asap before he can deny liability as the vendor!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif