free hit
counters
Lotus special tool - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

HI,

anyone know if

'TORX' SOCKET, (For cam carrier bolts) High compression engines SJ907E0063 EACH 4.20 (from SJ Catalogue) it's similar (but cheaper) to the "Lotus special tool" for removing the torx bolt under the Allen on the cam carriers?

If not I need to modife a norrmal Torx to take out the hidden bolts in the carriers...?

Thanks

Ciao

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bigsi,

yes I know, it's a normal 10mm torx but a normal Torx it's too big (diameter) to pass in the hole of the carrier and mine is too thin so it can't be modified for the job.

Any advice?

Thanks

Giorgio

Got mine from halfords it was a bit on the tight size and it was a bit of a pain since it was a 3/8 drive so then I had to buy a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor. To get the depth had to use an extension bar but my 1/2 drive one was to big so I went back to Halford and bougtht a 3/8 drive extension. So the bits i bought were

1, Torx bit on 3/8 drive

2, 3/8 drive extension bit

3, 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• 1 month later...

Greetings! I realize you gents aren't in the US but, JAE Parts in Goleta California sells these GREAT replacements for those pain-in-the-rump star head bolts. They work with a 12 point 10mm socket. The socket gets a much more positive grip than that 10mm star socket on the older style. If I recall, they were only about 30.00 USD. Maybe there is something similar in your neck of the woods.

Regards, Nick

bye the way...

www.jaeparts.com

Jay and Jeff are first class.

Edited by Nick Mangus