free hit
counters
S3 Turbo Engine or S3 Turbo HC NEEDED - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S3 Turbo Engine or S3 Turbo HC NEEDED

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone with a GT3 engine for sale

Failing that Lotus Bits haev a complete '84 engine

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Yep im actually sick and tired of lotus cars at the moment, let me do the maths, thats 15 quid a mile so far for the miles ive done, should have just gone and got a loan, brougtht an aston martin vanquish and be done with it....

Had spoke to lotusbits and the hed only yesterday sold half of it to the various dealers the other one was also in bits so I brought new parts again, looking at another 3k bill, but then hey, that surely must be my graduation done!

Bloody hell, Marc. You are having the worst luck. Are you sure it's not something else killing the engine like overheating, poor fuel, fuel starvation ignition set-up, plugs, oil type, overboosting? To lose one engine is bad luck. To lose two is enough to drive you to drink. To lose three is enough to drive you to suicide or murder.

What happened?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

"To Lose one Engine is unfortunate... To lose TWO is carelessness!" Oscar Wilde(ish!) :)

Gutted for you Mark!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Welcome to the club Marc.

You could contact Garry Kemp. He is selling some factory new S4 engines from the abandoned Brazilian 'EMME' project.

He is asking GBP 4250,00 in exchange - not too bad for a factory new Turbo engine, huh?

I will get mine delivered next Friday.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marc

Sounds like you've been really unlucky with this, I believe and have heard of, the thermostate is one of the many causes of the head gasket going, Mine was dumping coolent on hard driving, have recently chanced thermostate (along with the rest of the cooling system) & appears to have solved problem.

I Do know that Lotus Bits does have a complete 84/85 Turbo engine minus the Exh Manifold, waste gate & turbo (as that now belongs to me :) ) but the engine looked ok, however has been stood round for 6yrs or so & will need rebuilding. That was as of two weekends ago when I paid Lotus Bits a visit.

Failing that there is a chat up north near Kingston Upon Hull. A place near Leven. I would have to have a look for his card, however when I got my S3 Gearbox off him early this year he had quite a few new & used 4 cyl engines in, some were the HC varients. I think he does advertise in the club mag & is at Doningtin

Hope this helps

Daz

The need for speen can be found with a lotus B)

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

Nice to have your imput on the forum Garry :)

BN and Andy never shut up about you :D

I will try not to ask any stupid questions :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Garry's got my endorsement as well. I've been very satisfied with all of our dealings, he really knows his stuff and appreciates quality.

Besides, he tends to agree with me most of the time or at least pretends well! :D

Cheers,

Michael R

Garry's got my endorsement as well.  I've been very satisfied with all of our dealings, he really knows his stuff and appreciates quality.

Besides, he tends to agree with me most of the time or at least pretends well! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Michael R

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kind words indeed; thank you. If I may repay the compliment: for those guys who don't know Mikes car; it is one of the most well thought out and executed modifications I have seen done to an Esprit. The workmanship just jumps out at you; I am not sure if you've ever shared any pictures of what lurks in your engine bay on the forum: but I am sure people would be glad to see some - lovely job. If only Tiff Nedell had been driving your car Esprit honour may have been upheld...