free hit
counters
Hello Speedster9110 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
88ESPRIT

Hello Speedster9110

Hello Scott,

I see by your info your from Edmonton and you have an 89 Esprit? Is this correct? I am from Edmonton too and have an 88 Esprit. It would be fun to meet you and check each others cars out. I am new to LEF Canada and my 88 is my first Lotus. I would love to be able to sit and talk Esprits if you wouldnt mind. :P

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Bob! Glad to see there's another one (or two) people in Edmonton! Now I have an excuse to go up there.. lol.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Road Trip !!!!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Hello Bob!

Would love to meet you and your Esprit! Time is always a bitch, but would love to compare Esprits. I'll send you a PM.

Serge

Edmonton

88 Esprit

Hello Scott,

I am going to give you a call in the next few days Scott, time is tight right now. But I sure would like to see what your doing to your Esprit so I can learn about mine!

Serge

Edmonton

88 Esprit

P.S. that makes 3 of us in Edmonton, we should have a meeting will our cars, it could be fun!

Edited by 88ESPRIT

Just a quick note here... Serge -- You're car is totally different than Scotts. Some of the differences are as follows:

1. You're car is externally wastegated, scotts is internal wastegate

2. He has the Renault box, you have Citroen

3. He has AC/Delco Fuel injection, You have Bosch KE-Jetronic.

There are ways to convert your car to AC/Delco or to stand-alone engine management to increase horsepower, but the stock injectors (And, as have been proven before, I might be wrong) can only put down about an extra 10-15hp then what they do right now. In order to increase beyond this hp, you would need to change the fuel system I think.. though there is a possibility of a fuel pressure trick that might work (I underline MIGHT)

You can upgrade you're turbo, but the destination will be to change the spool characteristics unless you change your fuel system.

As for the Transmission... I've cryo-treated mine in hopes that I can put down more power without blowing the box up. I'm really amazed to hear that there is that one character who put in the GNX motor and has had no trouble at all! Everybody else I've talked to has told me that the torque capacity of that transmission is only about 250-270 ft-lbs... which doesn't leave much room for modifaction to the engine.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Nice to hear from you all. LEt me know if ya want to organize any type of meet.

Sign in to follow this