free hit
counters
Interior refresh - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Interior refresh

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Dace, looks superb !

One question : do you intend to change the dashboard to carbon look (or something else) ? Think this would suit the racing seats etc ...

Next stage is a Sport 300 body kit :)

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Don't worry it's all in hand. Watch this space. I would love a sport 300 kit, where do i get one?

Sj Sportscars do have them :

SJ300B0009

300 SPORT BODY STYLING KIT Contains: Front bumper, rear spoiler, set of 4 wheel arch

extensions, spoiler and wheel arch fitting parts.

KIT 790.00

This is a complete kit

That is a little bit more than i was hoping to spend. I wouldn't mind just the wheel arch extensions though.

You can buy them separately, just look at their catalogue :D

I would buy wheel arch extensions + front bumper (front bumper is really wider than a standard SE one bumper !)

Just had a look : front bumper/spoiler : 324,50 GBP, 4 wheel arch extensions = 220 GBP, and you need some trim (about 20 GBP)

When I removed my arches this was the mess I was faced with.

P2102209.jpg

I imagine there must be some cutting of the arches required to make them fit, but I think the PO that fitted mine was a blind angle grinder wielding maniac with Parkinson's.

The front arches would look a little strange without the front bumper section as mentioned due to the lip it has at the front of the wheel arch which carries the wider flared line up to the arch.

IMG_1221.jpg

The kit would fit the SE, but would require a fair amount of bodywork to fit and finish.

I think it's maybe a bit too much for me at the minute. I have plenty of other things i want to get like a stainless exhaust, clear indicators and the front resprayed.

there's currently a Larini dual exhaust (stainless steel) on ebay :

check here

I have this one installed, and VERY happy with it :)

Edited by bzguy

Well thats me not buying it now. Someone has just bumped up the bid massively. Suspicious, with 24 hours left to go?

happens quite often that the seller has a second ebay account, and pumps up the bidding to get the max out of it <_<

• 2 weeks later...

After my failed attempt to make the window switch surrounds carbon fibre (resin didn't go off properly) i've done something a little different. It took me ages sanding the old paint off and then about 10 coats of laquer as it kept attracting tiny bits of dust. I'm glad i did them this way as it matches the rest of the shiney metal bits, what do you think?

I've also just fitted some clear indicators which i got from Superdave.

doorcards004.jpg

doorcards005.jpg

doorcards003.jpg

Cool, think I'll try that, mine are a bit chipped and looking their age. What kind of laquer did you use ?

Love the interior by the way. I want to keep mine Magnolia but was thinking of dying the bottom half of the doors black as they seem to get most scuffs

Colin

I'm going to do the ashtray surrounds but the door handles are plastic so i don't know what to do about them. I also got the clear front indicators of Superdave, i really need to get some silver bulbs as the orange ones shown through alot more than the backs.

Indicators005.jpg

Edited by davegtst

Those lights look very nice, might have to do that too now I've seen yours :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

just spray the front of the indicator bulbs with a bit of silver paint, job done

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"