free hit
counters
Project Sport 500 - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

waether's fine (in fact great, been a loooooong time !) in Belgium Stefan, I'll take it out this evening on the trip to work :harhar:

Having some night shift, so need to get some sleep during the day :blush:

btw Stefan : are you going to German's Lotus Club Season's opening meeting 1st of May ? I'll be there, guess bosbon as well

Edited by bzguy

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just turned 2? Awesome work for a toddler

Can 'we' see the car in Wiesbaden/Giessen this weekend ??

Stefan, it wasn't meant -as for 'posing' power competitions ! those guys just understand more if you talking 'fuel talks' as your wife or neighbours... . So it is allways good to compare experien

Posted Images

That looks ace, I've got to jump out of a plane at some point, I love adrenalin and can imagine that it's the ultimate buzz !

The air filter is a popular upgrade on many cars, nice to hear it makes the engine seem to rev more freely, I hate to see an engine suffocated on the way in or out. :harhar:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

waether's fine (in fact great, been a loooooong time !) in Belgium Stefan, I'll take it out this evening on the trip to work :D

Having some night shift, so need to get some sleep during the day :)

btw Stefan : are you going to German's Lotus Club Season's opening meeting 1st of May ? I'll be there, guess bosbon as well

Hans

Sorry for moving you to NL. :) I have never really looked at your flag. Shame.

I am sure you enjoyed your ride out with the S4 while I was at home, grounded :)

Unfortunately I will not be able to come to LCD's season opening as my mother in law celebrates her 60th birthday on May 1st.

But I am sure we will meet during the season on the one or other occasion.

That looks ace, I've got to jump out of a plane at some point, I love adrenalin and can imagine that it's the ultimate buzz !

The air filter is a popular upgrade on many cars, nice to hear it makes the engine seem to rev more freely, I hate to see an engine suffocated on the way in or out. :)

Bibs,

Skydiving is a great sport and if you have the chance to make a Tandem Jump, grab it.

Check this out and tell Dave I sent you. http://flatfly.co.uk/xxx.htm

Great to hear you also like engines that can breath freely :D

Mind if I cut in ?

Buddsy

As if you had smelled it. First start up is planned for tomorrow.

As I have promised I will post a sound sample and/or put a video in utube.

So hold your horses, matey

Stefan

Mind if I cut in ?

Buddsy

As if you had smelled it. First start up is planned for tomorrow.

As I have promised I will post a sound sample and/or put a video in utube.

So hold your horses, matey

Stefan

Woohoo :D

Stefan : about the exhaust : is the diameter wide enough to blow 500 HP through ? (speaking about airflow, might be that the exhaust is the bottle neck now, but I might be wrong off course ... )

Edited by bzguy

Hans

We know about this but how much the exhaust pipe needs to be adjusted can only be determined after some measurements once the car ran with

the one we have on it now.

I have no problem down from the Turbo. This is a 3" V Band exhaust

The bottleneck can only be the silencer and the end pipe.

We will see

post-1772-1237471512_thumb.jpg

Mind if I cut in ?

Looking good... but I can

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hehehe.. We put a GT3582R onto a 2.0 litre Honda/Acura RSX! It's got a 4" intake as I recall... HUGE! This isn't the car I built.. but here's a picture of the same build: P1010342.jpg

And this engine puts down over 400whp on 91 octane.. stock internals!!?? I wouldn't have believed it myself.. untill we lit the tires up in four gears with an LSD!... You are gonna have a BLAST with that car putting down that kind of HP... Front Wheel drive just isn't the same as a Mid-Rear setup... I love the build on your car.. Can't wait to see it run, even if it will only be on youtube!

Edited by Mark T-C

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Spoke with Garry last night and he thinks Mike's turbo would be good for 600-700 HP.

But the lager turbo would need more time to spool up and therefore the drivability could suffer in lower RPMs

Well, we need to see first how the car performs with what we have and take it from there.

Mind if I cut in ?

yep - about right.

It was sized for a single turbo conversion on the V8 - but could work well with a higher boost 4-cylinder, especially since you are running with slightly higher capacity. The turbo would still be pretty efficient at a lower pressure ratio.

The turbos not going anywhere in a hurry ;-))

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Patience, Patience

Don't want to terrorise you with the sound of a first start up of a brand new engine :)

Once the babe runs smoothly, I will have something for the spoiled ears of this esteemed audience

Mind if I cut in ?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright gang,

The wait is over.

Here are the first 2 videos of the car running !

It runs smooth as silk, no funny noises, but we needed to be carefull as everything is new.

I guess the hardest thing for me is that I now need to drive it 1500 km to break it in, taking it

easy and shift no higher than 3500 rpm.

What we noticed though on the first test runs was that even with no fine tuning yet the wheels have a tendency to spin :)

Looks like a differential lock is the next mod to do :(

First test run :

exhaust sound sample:

Edited by Fandango

Mind if I cut in ?

That sounds meaty, very nice :(

So, in the first video, was someone standing backwards on the passenger seat with a camcorder? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Spot on mate :)

As the boys need to do tome tidying up yet on the engine bay etc, the hatch is not on yet.

They took the chance to video it on it's first real test run.

I just love that perspective as it give you a real rush watching the road dissapear

Mind if I cut in ?

I was very curious for this moment, it looks (and sounds) GORGEOUS !

Nice sound, sees to be running very smoothly even on first startup !

great job Stefan, curious as well on the follow up :)

Sounds and looks great. I cant wait to see the full power test runs.

I think this is the thread is the answer to the question ....... can a 4-pot cut the mustard in todays bloated V8-V12 world?

B) I am loving it. B)

Stefan, will the car be ready for the *Easter-run* , or 1.Mai ...?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Thanks for all your positive responses, guys

I am more than ever convinced that, as Alex said, a 4 pot CAN cut the mustard. One can feel almost special having "just a 4 cyl" on today's 12 cyl catwalk !

G

Mind if I cut in ?

Positively Orgasmic!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Well done!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.