free hit
counters
What offset are novas and are v8 oil coolers sided which way do they flow - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What offset are novas and are v8 oil coolers sided which way do they flow

Hi can any tell me the offset for front OZ Novas? are they the same as all V8 wheels?

Also are the v8 oil coolers sided ie left and right (didnt know if they have different brackets) want to get some new ones without taking both sides off to be copied anyone know where I can get some from without paying stupid money, cheers guys.

Edited by MrP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhh brilliant thanks Peter thought that was the case, im getting some made up so if anyone else wants some let me know managed to get them for 250 pounds a peice.

anyone know about the offsets etc for the novas

Looking at the schematic (appears to be front to back) it looks like the oil circulates in a continuous "loop" (from/to the engine) in one direction only, Peter. Would you happen to know the direction of flow? With the "interconnect" between the two oil radiators being a single hose one way only connection, it would seem to me that one radiator (the first in sequence receiving the hot engine oil) would run significantly hotter than the second one, as the 2nd would be fed "precooled" oil. Any idea which side is which? Just curious.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

According to the Service Notes "section ED - page 9" the "hot oil" leaves the engine at the port (near the oil filter) closest to the engine and returns to the port further away from the engine. If that makes any sense?

I think the dealer said that it feeds the right side (passenger side on US cars) oil cooler first and usually that is why that sides tends to leak first because the oiler is hotter. I don't know if this is correct.

JoeyO

2001 V8

JoeyO

2001 V8 - Silver

2007 Ducati 1098

In order that they have assembled it in the right way on last rebuild: cooled oil return is left side whee larch, feed goes to right side radiator. That means also -hot feed from engine is inside -and it returns to the oil filter adapter in the left side (the outer port) on my car.

@Joey: i would believe the story of the "hotter oil" - as my oil cooler-pipe leak was on the hot oil outlet (the crimped tube end , on the engine side of the hose). The connector in the wheelarch/radiator end was still in good shape (only rusted in the treat). I replaced that hose as one of the first things as i got the car. It was just around 5 years old !?

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..