free hit
counters
Another S4 esprit topic - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Another S4 esprit topic

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
Only 15 hours to go campers. :)

My calculations say you are now 'the Newest Esprit Owner' if you have taken delivery in the last 30 minutes. :)

Todays Priorities for you Michael.

1 - Drive Esprit

2 - Take pics of Esprit for LEF and post

3 - Drive Esprit

Enjoy your first day!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Evening folks. (well it's evening over here)

:) :) I now own a gorgeous red S4. (mucho cheering from the gallery) :respect::cool:

Picked it up at about 2pm today. I think that's about 6am for you guys in the UK. Just had to go to a couple of mates to show them. First response "Bloody hell' Second response 'Bastard' :rofl:

I can't get any pics now as it's pitch black here, but I will post some tomorrow.

Drive home was interesting. First a flashing Anti Lock light to which I thought 'Uh oh. So it begins.' But it was fixed by a brief shutdown and restart. Some minor confusion over the light switches :rofl: but all good. It is amazing how quickly you can get used to a car that handles like these do.

I do have a question. We plugged in my sons TomTom cable to run his TomTom and were greeted by smoke!! Lighter heats up fine, so I'm puzzled as to why the adaptor would smoke? Any ideas anyone?

Michael

ps did I mention I am pretty damn happy? :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Okay time for reality check Michael.

You've woken up and the car in your dreams is still in the garage - hopefully.

Congrates on the new ownership and welcome as the newest member of the Fearless Red Squadron of Esprit Owners.

To the issues at hand. Cig lighter should not be a problem - standard 12v system. Check with a meter.

ABS flashing - unsure. I sometimes get a hard warning (couple of times a year) I'm sure this is a wheel sensor issue as it's so intermittent. But yours is flashing so would have to check the manual.

Make sure you check out the Oz Esprit section and advise location if you wish to be added to the Oz map.

Have a nice day. :)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Some pics once we got the new toy home.

100_2255.jpg

100_2256.jpg

100_2253.jpg

Tomorrow is a big wash and polish day as we've done all the fast sprints with the kids, neighbours etc. :lol:

I have got to get that number plate changed! :)

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Very nice mate. You must be one happy bloke. That grin is a permanent fixture now.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Nice one Michael. You look like the proud father after bring the 'new born' home! :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Brick pavings not bad either!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

^ Driveway nerd! :lol:

Nice mota matey, how's it feel? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks everyone. Liz struggles with compliments, but thanks. I keep telling her for 52 she's looks great, but she just doesn't believe me. Oddly, going with reverse psychology doesn't work either. You try telling your partner "I agree with you. You're fat" :thumbsup:

^ Driveway nerd! :clap:

Nice mota matey, how's it feel? :thumbup:

Feels good Bibs. I envy the chance you guys have to catch up and go on drives with each other. I took it into work today. Lots of envious but well-wishing guys. The typical "Wow. It really is as low as the mark you put on the wall isn't it" :thumbup:

There's some little odds and sods to sort out. I fixed the RHS light not coming up (relay contact) but the gearbox on the headlight motor is on it's way. Keeps running after lift or close. Need to take the RHS door inner off to sort out the doorstrap as it looks like the bolt may have sheared off as the door over-opens and the window motor seems to be stuggling a bit and a couple of noises while moving. My Holden did the same thing and it was sorted by a bit of lubrication on the mechanism.

I might post a thread in the Stevens room as the manual says that both windows can be set up to auto-open or auto-close but my LHS will only do it. Followed the manual but no go.

Other than that, the car is a joy to drive. And bloody gorgeous to look at. I said before that I preferred the squarer front end SE look in pics but the S4 is beautiful in real life.

• Gold FFM
and the window motor seems to be stuggling a bit and a couple of noises while moving

Michael - up to you but I wouldn't pay the window motor too much attention, unless its really sticking. Never seen an Esprit yet where the owner can say "wow, look how easy the windows go up and down" Basically the motors aren't powerful enough really. You can lubricate the odd bit, but you will find it hard to get the results you want. Its kind of one of those 'not happy, but i'll live with it' things.

Michael, take the light motor apart. There are three rollers in the planetary gear part. Probably broken. Easy for you to machine some new ones out of nylon.

As for the door stays, they are held by a bolt that works in single sheer. Probably bent. Here are some photos of mine before and after I made an additional bracket for it to be double sheer. You may also need to machine new rollers. Once set up properly the door stays can actually hold the doors open on a slope.

Have a good fiddle with the window motors. Both of mine are fine and speedy.

doorstayrepairandmodification127070.jpg

doorstayrepairandmodification127-1.jpg

DanR

Just caught up with this thread Michael....wooohooo.... :thumbsup::thumbup::thumbup:

Don't worry about the 'teething problems', it's part of the fun of ownership. I also know what you mean about the o/s guys going on drives together.... maybe we can meet up a go for a drive sometime. I'll just start heading west, you can start driving east, & in a day or so, we'll probably hit each other. :clap:

Enjoy

I couldn't resist doing this.

Got home from work today after parking under the wrong tree. One of God's own decided that the windscreen needed a little something and the tree dropped flowers on it all day. So when I got home there was nothing for it but to wash it and chamois it and then it looked so good I had to take more pics. Had it four days and washed it twice. :)

Enjoy. Also posting a pic of my first car. Other than a few differences, mostly the same. Engine, four wheels, windows etc. :)

Actually, come on everyone. Post pics of your first car. :sleeping:

100_2262.jpg

100_2264.jpg

Mazda800-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick question everyone.

My S4 only lights the inner headlamps when it is on high beam and I can't seem to find anything in the owners book as to whether that is right or wrong. I would have expected both the inner and outer headlamps to light on high beam??

Also had no third brake light operating in the spoiler. Eventually found that the the only time the strut carries voltage is when the tailgate is open which is not a good look when you are driving around. :) Solved it by jumping a coiled wire around the strut between the two spade connectors. Problem solved. Just going to go into an auto shop now and see if I can get proper coiled wire (like a headphone lead if you get my drift) so that it extends and retracts nicely when the tailgate opens.

Also, how do I attach a sound clip? :lol:

Thanks,

Michael.

oops. Should this be in the Stevens technical room? A mod can shift it if they want. Thnx

Edited by ramjet