free hit
counters
Bleeding cooling system 82 Turbo - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bleeding cooling system 82 Turbo

hotdog

Hi all

Is there a bleed screw on the cooling system on the S3 Turbo?

The one I owned before I recall had a tap on the top LHS of the rad but this car has none nor the grommet inside the car nose.

Also the car runs lean. I suspect an air leak vie the heater vaccuum pipe, where does this originate on the engine?

Thanks for any help. I have sold the car - provisionally so I am trying to sort out the simple stuff for the new owner If I were keeping the car I need a manual, I suspect the new owner will to. Does any one have one for sale.

Thanks Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would be wary driving it without FULL water and bleeding the air from the system. You may have to crack the top hose loose a bit to bleed it but thats only a "work around".

It cost a fellow I know a set of nikasil liners and pistons because of air and low water in his cooling system. He had only owned the car two weeks! Not a good first experience for him.

I would hate to hear that happen again. J

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

Hi all

Is there a bleed screw on the cooling system on the S3 Turbo?

The one I owned before I recall had a tap on the top LHS of the rad but this car has none nor the grommet inside the car nose.

Also the car runs lean. I suspect an air leak vie the heater vaccuum pipe, where does this originate on the engine?

Thanks Michael

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Michael, the bleed for the cooling system is located in the front of the car.

It is accessed throgh a small shaped cover held in place by philips screws located to the right rear of the L/H headlamp lift motor.

The heating system vacuum is supplied by the engine driven vacuum pump,

which is not linked to manifold vacuum, so look at your other lines to find the leak ;)

SUNP0003-1.jpg