free hit
counters
Pics of your car in noteworthy places - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Pics of your car in noteworthy places

I thought it would make for another excuse to post delicious Esprit pics if the topic were different. If the excuse is weak, well let the thread die a quick death, but if not, I look forward to some more pics of wonderful cars in interesting places. If I may, I'll post some non Esprit (since I've yet to acquire mine.....) pics with examples of places I am proud to have taken my car.....

On the circuit at Silverstone:

sunbeamatsilverstonemi1.jpg

At the Coventry factory where this car was made:

sunbeamathomeincoventryhg9.jpg

On the old Brooklands Circuit:

sunbeamatbrooklandsln6.jpg

At Cricket St. Thomas:

beam37tb.jpg

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside Colin Chapmans House (with Hazel in the background)

IMGP3703.jpg

Castle Coombe with just a few friends......

IMGP3749.jpg

Early AEG days North Norfolk. Not Noteworthy.....I just ran out of noteworthy places :)

IMGP3416.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Pictured outside Wentworth Golf club. (when I first got the car in 2002. Note the old Oz wheels). That's my Dad in the passenger's seat!

Side2.jpg

And outside Warfield House at a SELOC meeting a few years ago. That's Paul C's fine looking SE and Jez's BRG S4s.

567567576.jpg

123345576.jpg

A couple of new shots, first in front of Henie-Onstad Centre of Arts at Hovik just outside Oslo. Founded by the 1930s Hollywood skating diva Sonia Henie and ship-owner Niels Onstad in 1968 - I visited the place for the first time with my Aunt back in August 1969. I was 12 years old. Almost deserted, we stood in the reception and suddenly Sonia Henie herself walked past, going in to her office. My aunt, pushy as she was, asked the receptionist if it was possible to pop in and say hello and yes, Sonia accepted us. I will never forget her getting up from her desk to shake our hands. An over-made-up, wrinkled and weathered face with a gutted, out-smoked gravel voice the once glamourous and world-famous movie star and olympic champion looked incredibly old - and thin as a twig. We got her autograph and left. Just 2 months later she died of cancer. She was only 57. For many years I thought her autograph would be worth thousands! Checking e-bay when that evolved I was disappointed. Only a few hundred dollars....

AELLEF_Esprit_22.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_21.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_19.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_17.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_24.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_20.jpg

Then one in front of Oslo's landmark, the Holmenkollen ski-jump, and one on Oslo's scenic point Vettakollen

AELLEF_Esprit_31.jpg

P1020659.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_29.jpg

Edited by Atle

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

outside the factory

factory.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Gold FFM

Despite my best efforts, my two mistresses finally meet at Brooklands Museum (not the Merc; that was just a fling).

post-4129-1220599206.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

outside the factory

factory.jpg

I have one similar to that!

Meatfactory2.jpg

And another

MeFactory.jpg

FYI Robert you won't get any inside the factory as Camera's aren't allowed.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Ben and I on the test track at Hethel (I whink a few of us will have pics there!)

1476395066_l.jpg

Somewhere on my home PC, I've got a great line up of the boy's cars in front of Horse Guards parade :)

Pole Position at Silverstone!

1476344015_l.jpg

OI! Who nicked my car!?!?! :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Somewhere on my home PC, I've got a great line up of the boy's cars in front of Horse Guards parade :)

Ta-da!

CIMG0096.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

30secs later,,,,,armed guards arrived lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

And asked to see the pics :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

This one isn't as good as what I've been seeing but it has a little history. The Western Models Essex Esprit is in front of a pic of me sitting in one in the paddock of the 1980 LeMans, and 1980 is THE year of the Essex Esprit, so this was a pretty exciting moment for me, LeMans and this awesome Esprit.

essexespritmodel1zk5.jpg

I know, a person had to be there......makes a good backdrop for the model though....

:)

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Some nice models there matey.