free hit
counters
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 230 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Random Pictures & Videos

Don’t underestimate the affects on the human body of RF.

i remember having to swap metal strengthening plates in rucksacks for fibreglass ones as operators were experiencing kidney warming !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Domestic microwave ovens are made into Faraday cages this blocking the radiation. Antennas are completely different beasts.

11 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Trouble is in the US there has been no scientific debate relating to health to living organisms.

When I was an apprentice I used to go to RAF Neatishead where we were not allowed to climb ladders without a concession to get the microwave antennas turned off. may well be a different type of signal but still...  

There has been lots of debate over many years. And you were quite right not to climb a radar tower. It would cook you.

It's all about output power and proximity to the body. Handsets have much lower power as they are against the body.

Base stations aren't against the body and have much higher output power which degrades with distance (weak signals anyone?).

It's been studied for years and years.

As far as I can find out, some radar operates in the same frequency band as microwave ovens (2.45GHz) and, therefore, will heat up water.  5G cellular bands, however, operate at 3.4 to 3.8GHz in Europe with some use of 26GHz which is well below infra-red 300GHz to 430THz so it shouldn't lead to any heating and is way too low to cause (biological) cell damage.

^^^ What the fook is he on about? I was lost at the first example. Can he solve Brexit btw? :w00t:

9 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

As far as I can find out, some radar operates in the same frequency band as microwave ovens (2.45GHz) and, therefore, will heat up water.  5G cellular bands, however, operate at 3.4 to 3.8GHz in Europe with some use of 26GHz which is well below infra-red 300GHz to 430THz so it shouldn't lead to any heating and is way too low to cause (biological) cell damage.

A little more complicated. 5G new radio bands are in 3.8 to 6GHz. Commonly known as sub 6GHz and greater than 28GHz. There are 38 or so existing radio bands ranging from 800MHz to 2.8GHz for 2,3 and 4G. Nothing prevents 5G being deployed in those as well. WiFi and Bluetooth also 2.4Ghz. Some LTEis 2.3GHz.

53million light years away,weighs as much as 6.5 billion suns ,just can't imagine it.

Looks like someone left a cheerio on the lens of their Telescope!

Just in case you were stuck on what to get me for a late birthday present.

That's no good - it only holds 300lbs!

What's wrong with using the paddles you were born with?

Watch out for 'Ben Fogle crosses the Channel in a SplashRunner' 😀

On 27/04/2019 at 12:19, Bibs said:

Saw him live at Stevenage Locarno 1967 I think.

11-11-2006 01_40_42pm.jpg

Those were the days

FB_IMG_1556575809856.jpg.7d4a71a0aa61177f39a8b587ab743c03.jpg

• Like 2

IMG-20190502-WA0001.thumb.jpg.dec0a01ed6784c92a6a9b938708f8758.jpgbetter selection than those on the voting slip

Noticed some new event signs on our road yesterday and popped along to the local equestrian centre of all places to find a number of helicopters!  It seems our neighbour and local business boss (Andrew Whitehouse) owns/runs Historic Helicopters in his spare time from the same site.  They were flying one of their two Wessex aircraft for the first time having recently managed to get an air worthiness certificate again after a considerable layoff and refurb.   He's also got the only flying Whirlwind; and two (non flying) Sea Kings.  We often see him in his white Bell JetRanger 3, and white Hughes 300 overhead and the JetRanger was there too.  As was a Gazelle, but I don't think that was one of his.  Anyway..the Wessex was quite a beast and good to see up close.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Sorry, but :lol:

On the flight path to Stansted where AF1 landed!

SEI_71491639.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

• Haha 2

And some people say that teenagers are lazy and that they object to doing jobs such as mowing the lawn. That took a lot of effort.

Edited by andydclements