free hit
counters
Wheel bolts on AP equipped cars - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wheel bolts on AP equipped cars

A while ago I fitted my GT3 with the AP front calipers (from the Parts Sale - bargain!) and shortly afterwards it occured to me that I'd better replace my standard spare wheel with the correct 'extra spacer' one to clear the calipers.

All ok and peace of mind motoring until today when I popped a wheel over to my local repair chappie to have a leaky valve repaired. I went to fit the new space saver to the car to keep it moveable and found out that the wheel bolts are too short. They don't even touch the thread in the hub.

I know that the 350s have wheel bolt with a different part number to the V8s & GT3s but is the only difference in their length or are they made of some exotic material? I'm guessing the later cars might have had this issue or were they just never fitted with spare wheels?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i needed the long bolts when switching from AWIs to magnesios, but i don't think there a change for the bolt just 'cos you have APs.. i have a vague recollection though that for the "special" offset spare there is a specific set of bolts only for use with that wheel.