free hit
counters
Calgary fall meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Calgary fall meet

Well.. It's the end of the season and Steve Casey wants to host a meet in Calgary at his house. The Idea is to have a smaller day drive and meet back at Steve's house which is located on a cul-de-sac. We are supposed to park all of our cars nicely in the cul-de-sac and take some photos of the cars. Steve will also host a bar-b-q for all of us on his tab! So.. what better event to attend than free food with a bunch of Lotus guys!

The timing is what we need to decide on -- so the options are sunday the 28th of september, sunday the 21st of september, or sunday the 5th of october... what's you're opinions?

Edited by Mark T-C

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe.. I've got to check with John to see when he is going down south again.. I can't remember his timing..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

So far... it's looking most likely to be the 5th... John is gonna check his october schedule... and Dodgy Dave will be here then as well... It'll be a good welcome back for him... especially since our last tour was 3 days before he left!

Looks like october 5th is going to be the date..... Can't wait to see you all again!

All of those dates work for me I think, my esprit is currently in bond mode pouring smoke out of the drivers side (left for those whom drive on the wrong side of the car). Me thinks it's a turbocharger as the car runs great except for that...was an interesting drive home from the track I must say ;)

I may have to roll out the big bad german saloon for this event.

Actually the 5th is out for me to attend.

Edited by 97-Esprit V8

Game plan is as follows:

Meet somewhere in Calgary at 11:00am (to be determined)

have brunch and proceed from there at 1:00pm on TBD route

arrive back at steves at 4:00pm for barbeque

damm, sold my house and that's the day I'm moving...

I sure would of loved to see all those Esprits sitting at his house....

Maybe next meet, I'll be there in one instead of drooling on one!!

Edited by nosaint

Looking for a 94 95 S4

Alrighty!! So, here's the proper itenerary for sunday's tour:

11:00am -- Arrive at "Richmond Pub and Eatery" on 37th street and Richmond Road in the southwest corner of Calgary

Apparently.. this joint has quite a nice brunch menu... so it should be great eats!

12:30-1:00pm -- Between these times, we will be departing on a surprise route to be announced at Brunch.

5:00pm -- Arrive back at Steve Casey's house at 21 Aspen Stone View SouthWest.

Steve will have maps to help guide our tour and will be have radio contact with the lead car. Steve's V8 has had some unfortunate incidents as of late and will not be on the tour, however, Steve has told me that he will be renting a Lotus Elise for the tour.

Steve also wanted me to post his cell phone number for all to contact him along the way should they get lost. Here it is: 1-403-371-7227

And my Cell is: 1-403-581-6875

Can't wait to see you there!!!!

This is shaping up to be a very good meet, have fun :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Gonna have to miss this one but someone take lots of pics! I'm moving back to Sask on that day but the good news is I now have the cash to get an Esprit. Maybe next meet

Edited by nosaint

Looking for a 94 95 S4

'Tis a shame you won't be there Tie! Steve thinks we can have about 20 Esprits this time!

Yep... Dodgy and John will be there! And... supposedly there will be 20..

Okay... So Since Steve will be purchasing enough food for us all on Sunday.... I need Confirmations as to who is coming! Please, either pm me or post in the thread wether or not you'll be making it.

I'm pleased to report that we had a wonderful day, with spectacular scenery, and a full variety of Alberta autumn weather. Everybody we met were wonderful people (well - most especially those who drive Lotuses.....).

I won't get a chance to post pictures for a week or so, but I hope others do. Thanks to Mark as forum moderator, and to Steve C. as tour organizer/ event planner/ caterer/ entertainment director, and whatever else I may have forgotten.

A fabulous day, and a sure inspiration to host more events like this in the future.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbsup::clap:

That was one of the best times I've had in my car! Thanks Steve for being my navigator. Feels good to give the old girl a workout. Thanks to John and Steve for brunch and sorry Steve for not staying for BBQ. The wife was acually in a good mood when I got home. Surprise. I will be the first one lined up for the next one.

Brad

89SE B)

I'm SUPER happy that you enjoyed it John!!!! I had a blast! Steve was a wonderful host, and I'm looking forward to his next trip (on which I should be driving my own car I hope!) Anyhow... here's some shots from the trip:

Here is the first few that showed up at the restaurant:

DSCF0001.jpg

And this was a surprise... Richard managed to get Stewart and Samantha to come along in their 2001 Diablo 6.0

DSCF0004.jpg

A pic of John's V8

DSCF0008.jpg

The back of Richard's 2001 V8

DSCF0009.jpg

Nice mountain shot with the crew!

DSCF0037.jpg

Another shot of the Diablo

DSCF0019.jpg

A Z06

DSCF0021.jpg

Rourke's 1985

DSCF0022.jpg

John's V8

DSCF0023.jpg

John's S4

DSCF0024.jpg