free hit
counters
[WANTED] Revolution front wheels, desperately wanted. - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

[WANTED] Revolution front wheels, desperately wanted.

I unfortunately ended up 6000 miles away from Hethel, so with free tickets provided, petrol paid for and plenty of beer money provided, a friend was dispatched to Hethel at the crack of dawn on Sunday. I have always liked the Revolution wheels fitted to the '93 US Esprit, so was happy to do all I could to try and secure the set that where on offer in the sale.

Good lad, got himself first in the queue at the parts sale. Most disappointed to find the Revolution fronts had already gone. How did that happen?

Came away with the backs, but no fronts. Big sobs, doubt there will ever be a chance like that again. ;)

Anyone out there got a pair of front Revolution alloys , part number A082G4098F. There must be a few US owners who have changed to newer wheels and have the old ones kicking around in the garage. Condition not so important as long as they are usable. Anyone got any leads that may take me to a pair? I have already mailed SW Lotus, and Dave Bean. Any other ideas?

Thanks folks

Malc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tempted to pick up a set of those wheels myself, I think they look ace!

Good luck Malc and if I find any about the place I'll let you know ;)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

the sizes for the 93 us model are as follows:

7J x 15 +23.3

8.5J x 16 x 8.5 +30.0

215/50 245/50

dave bean has a set for sale with the 16 inch rears FROM a 93 lotus.. I think you can buy the fronts seperate:

http://www.davebean.com/OldMSpecials.htm

also check here allthough I see no 16 inchers... you said you have the rears, check to make sure that the fronts from here would match the rears you have...:

http://www.revolutionwheels.com/5-spoke/

and here for a us dealer:

http://www.sspmotorsports.com/ (there is a pic of their wheels actually mounted on an esprt down the page a little...)

if your looking for the same style but want to go bigger then the tiny 15s and 16s, have a custom set of Image Wheels made... their model called the IFX is a replica of the X180R version of the revolution wheels with the stepped lip and rivets.

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/large_wheel_pages/ifx.html

member Kjakk had some made for his car with the following dimensions and they look fantastic! (I cant find any pics however):

17x10 rear, +17

16x8.5 front, +19

shade

Thanks both for your help.

Bibs, if you do stumble accross any please let me know, and if Neil finds another pair in the stores please ask him to put my name on them (humble request).

Shade,

Thanks for the tech specs, especially the offset figures. Those will be useful when trying to get a close match.

No esponse from my mail to Dave Bean yet, but SW lotus do have a pair of fronts, for around

Hi Malc

Sorry you did not get them, but they had not been sold. We keep all the wheels (about 1,500 of them!) in 5 x 40' containers and for these 4098F's we only were showing 2 on stock.

When we went to pick them we could not find them.

I'm getting the stores lads to check all 5 containers and if they do surface you can have 1st offer again.....

I'll be in touch.

Gooner

Parts Supplying Lotus God

Superstar, good on ya matey :scared:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Malc

should of waited 10 mins just had a 'we've found those wheels Neil" !!

So i'll keep them to one side until Friday this week to give you 1st shout.

Sale price of course and as you got mucked about i'll del them to a UK address as well in the price.

mail me at [email protected] and we can sort it out mate.

Toodle pip

Neil.

Parts Supplying Lotus God