free hit
counters
Dash lights are dim - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

These are what I put in my dash for the 4 small gauges..they are in white and work great for my car. Looks very similar to the others that some of you have installed.

Matt

post-1448-1231611472_thumb.jpg

Guys

I placed two orders with Ultra LEDs. I only received one of them. I've gotten no contact from them despite three e-mails, and a phone call. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark Franke

Hmmmmm. I ordered three more bulbs last week and they arrived the next day. i have generally found them poor at answering the phone or returning messages. All I can suggest is keep trying. Hope they have not become a victim of the downturn. Presume you have the protection of having purchased on a credit card?

Robert

Robert

will try again on Monday

. It's funny because I placed two orders within 24 hours. A second order arrived no problem.

Mark

Wanted to add to this thread as I just replaced the gauge back light bulbs with LED's on my 1989 Lotus esprit Turbo. Picked them up from SuperBrightLeds.com. I am very happy with the results. I was worried about BUSCAN problems however someone on the Forum told me I shouldn't have any issues and they were correct. This same person told me that you shouldn't replace  leave the Alternator Bulb with an LED as there has to be a specific amount of resistance. So I ran the original bulb to another location and spliced the wiring off one of the other Gauge Bulbs and installed a LED into the back of the alternator gauge and it worked beautifully. I have attached some pictures so you can see the main bulbs I used. They fit very nicely on the smaller bulb holes. You will also need 3 larger bulbs, I didn't think to take a picture of the ones I used. However SuperBright Led's has a filter so you can look at the LEDS they recommend for dash light bulbs. The larger bulbs I chose had a LED on the tip and on the sides. I have also included comparison pictures the first one is a picture were I have the LED on all the gauges ..The last picture is before I replaced the bulb on the alternator gauge.   (please note the pictures look like the backlight is so bright its blowing out the gauges so they look "foggy" this is just the exposure it doesn't actually look like that in reality) Hope this is helpful to someone.

9F94B78D-2F73-49EF-8CF4-3460EC5CF9DF.jpg

untitled-287.jpg

A82C2EE8-53F8-493A-9418-5D8E126E548E.jpg

Edited by Herbert Harvey
  • Like 1