free hit
counters
Custom Pedals for 88+ Esprits - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Custom Pedals for 88+ Esprits

act2007

After the track days & learned how to do heel & toe properly. I started looking for a more effortless way to do the heel & toe downshifting. (It felt like the Esprit gas pedal sits too low & I have to roll my foot a lot to give a little throttle). Since I've been looking to upgrade to alloy pedals anyways, I started looking into pedal upgrades...I came across www.srpracing.com and they make OEM upgrade pedals, it raised the gas pedal a little bit & also gave the pedals a more "one package" look. Heel & toe now is easy & I can do them precisely.

Photo:

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1puEcKLOj...K-T90QlzvM7Rxpj

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the pedal feel. The "go" pedal is raised ever so sightly that really makes for quick foot action, like you said.... Although I haven't practiced heel-toe technique well enough to fully appreciate it. I get lots of compliments on the pedals, though...

Greg, I prefer yours to the Momo ones I have, they are a touch too big and with little feet I prefer little pedals. Very nice.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Can I just ask how anyone manages to fit these things? I've stared into the dark recesses of my footwell and wondered how anyone can get in there, hold a drill at and angle, and drill through steel. Are you an anaconda....with arms?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

No, he's just learned the fine art of assuming and working in the Lotus position. Followed by a rigorous session with his local chiropractor.

I have a set of Sparco pedals on my 89. Fit extreemly well and came with an adhesive backing to hold the pedals in-situ while drilling the mounting holes.

I did this some time ago but it seems to my feeble recollection that the price was very reasonable.

I agree about heel-and-toe gearchanges with the standard pedals....being a cheapskate, I bent my throttle pedal to suit!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

At the time, the steering column and steering wheel were removed from the car, but it was still a pain. I broke 3 drill bits, one tap, and my cordless drill when I threw it across the garage... The pedals were cheap but replacing my cordless drill and repairing the hole in the wall... :smoke:

Thanks for the kind compliments everyone. :welcome: