free hit
counters
You Know You're Screwed When.. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

You Know You're Screwed When..

calvan

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate it when that happens, Mike! Drove for years and years (but relatively low total milage) on the original tires of my M Coupe with "nary a nail." No sooner had I fitted four spanking new high dollar paws when I picked up a spike of some sort less than 400 miles into the break in period. :blush: Go figure.

Glad to see you "posting" a bit more frequently. The pics of your car on another thread were really nice. That color blue looks striking on the Esprit.

No punctures yet on my Esprit (touch wood!). Hope the repair on yours is quick and painless.

Cheers,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Had a Toyota MR2 Spyder once with larger than standard wheels and 35 profile tyres (ruined the ride quality but they were on the car when I bought it). Driving to work one day I got a puncture in the right, rear tyre and the sidewall was ruined by the time I pulled up on the shoulder. Got a replacement. 2 weeks later got another puncture in the new tyre and had to replace that perisher as well. Most irritating.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Not bald, just getting broken in. Plus, the car needs a bath.

It turns out that the timing was not bad - it was close to home and it looks like the tire will hold air until I can get it attended to. It could have been a disaster next week as I'm going to the West Coast Lotus Meet in Oregon. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time off work to take the coast road so it will be about 490 miles down I-5. That road has to be at least a quarter-finalist for the world's most boring highway.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC