free hit
counters
The LEF pit bloke, trip to Canada , part 2 - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The LEF pit bloke, trip to Canada , part 2

dodgy

Thanks again :P

well, the room they have given me has a single super king size bed, a wall of sound, no computer desk and no chest of draws so i cannot actually unpack into anything.

So after only 4 hours sleep due to the wall waking me up ( it seems all the heating pipes must go though the wall in the room, for the rooms above, giving the room a constant 'shush' noise. And i set my central heating to come on at home to wake me up for work! )

I have already asked for another room, so it looks like i will be going from the 1st floor, to the top 4th floor, oh, well as long at it is livable, the walk will do me good :)

Bad news for me at Christmas too, it appears that NO-one can stop in the country over Xmas, something about insurance and if anything happened it would come back to DSG (Defence Support Group) due to being on the Governments work permit?

I will have to have a proper talk with my boss about that, as there has to be away around that :lol:

All i need now is a count-up timer :)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to read you arrived safely mate.

If you're coming home for Christmas I'm sure LEF/NMEG will find time for a beer or 3

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

The first weekend was a very tiring one :sleeping:

Mark ,Andi and John met me at Medicine Hat airport :thumbup: when i landed at about 11.30pm on the Friday, and John gave me a lift to the Hotel :)

John had to go off sadly, but Mark and Andi accompanied me to the Lava lounge bar for a welcome home drink, After they had to leave (work commitments) i stayed in the bar till closing time , 3.00am :)

Saturday morning , i woke up at around 7.30 after a terrible nights sleep - there was a 'wall of sound' in the room, it sounded like all the water pipes were going though them with a constant hiss :ermm:

Anyway, i have moved from the 1st floor to the 4th floor, and there is no more problems with noise :D, err, apart from the 90km winds we are having at the moment which is howling around the Windows :)

OK, Saturday, I was picked up out side the Hotel at 3.30pm by John, and we set off to Calgary, stopping in a lovely hotel on the night before the Calgary Fall Meet on Sunday.

DSCN1288.jpg

Edited by Dodgy

Always wondered why they called it Greenland?????

Miss you Dave, see you again soon mate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I know you are there to work Dave but have a good time anyway

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I had some news today, My boss told me That i will be returning to the UK on the 16th of December, and then back to Canada on the 2nd Jan for a further 11 months! (till Nov)

He also said he would like me to have 1 month off (Nov) and the return again for another 11 months, possibly continuing in the same sequence until 2012 :X

This could be a Loooooooooong Trip :innocent:

Mark ... I think i need a car :o

Edited by Dodgy

Say Dave - how do you feel about a nicely looked after Calypso Red S4? I may have a lead on one, and I'm sure we could make you a sweet deal........

Or were you looking for something more V-W'ish?

By the way, it would be great to have you stay longer. And I'm sure NMEG would tell you they'd be happy to see you pop round for regular visits, for a quick pint or two.......

Edited by aerobat

I have just asked for a quote on importing my car.

But its the work details that seem to give me a problem, it would probably be easier for someone here to import it as theirs, and me give them the money :innocent:

Anyway :X

Did i mention that my room has a super king size bed AND a double bed settee, so there is room for someone to stop :o

Edited by Dodgy

You're going to need a Canadian passport soon Dodgy!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Who's have thought that good old Dave from the "black country" (said in Wolverhampton accent) would be such a jet setter? I am very jealous Dave. Me and the wife are coming over to Vancouver next year to stay with Rob Cunningham. It's also a "lets check Canada out" trip as we are ready to export the Kimberley family on a permanent basis now.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'm embarrassed that I haven't seen this post untill now.. Work has been occupying too much of my LEF time these days... Anyhow, I suspect we will chat about the car thing on sunday.. (I've got to figure out what kind of car will cost you less and still work long enough)

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I had some news today, My boss told me That i will be returning to the UK on the 16th of December, and then back to Canada on the 2nd Jan for a further 11 months! (till Nov)

He also said he would like me to have 1 month off (Nov) and the return again for another 11 months, possibly continuing in the same sequence until 2012 :P

This could be a Loooooooooong Trip :D

Mark ... I think i need a car :)

I think that answers your first question. I better let Dodgy answer the second part . . . . .