free hit
counters
2002 Power steering - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm just introducing myself and have what is hopefully a "very stupid" question. I've recently acquired an '02 25th anniversary and upon checking all of the fluids have failed to locate the power steering reservior. I've checked everywhere that I can possibly image it to be and have only located brake/clutch reserviors, washer fluid in the front,as well as oil fill/dipstick and coolant expansion tank in the engine compartment. Unfortunately the owners manual was not included with the vehicle, however I do have both the owners manual as well as service manual on order. In the meantime I'd be most greatful to anyone who can give me some information on to where my power steering tank has been located.

Thanks,

Blake Grider

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blake welcome to the forum. Post up some pics of the car we would all love to see it. :)

Its meant to be in the left side of the engine compartment behind the cover. I havent been in there for a look yet and must check to see if all is ok.

Theres a couple of levels to look for depending on a warm or cold engine. The manual says its best the check on a warm engine after a run therefore the level should be at the hot mark. If you need anymore info in the short term let us know.

350.gifNo.23

Thanks for the quick reply. Right now it's been about a week without a bath (picked it up on the 21st), so not as clean as I'd like, but I will see about getting some pics. To be honest, I feel stupid having to ask where something so simple is located as I've got numerous years working on various cars including complete restorations, however this has me stumped, as well as a former Lotus tech (back in the 60's and 70's). I'm going to head down to the garage here in a few to give yet another quick look, and maybe snap a few shots.

Thanks again.