free hit
counters
Esprits for sale on Pistonheads - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprits for sale on Pistonheads

OwenGT3

Hi,

Just been over to Pistonheads to check out what Esprits are for sale. I've never seen the page so full before, in all the time I was looking for one over the three years before I bought one back in May 2007 you would get perhaps a maximum of a dozen on the page, there are over 60 cars for sale or been sold!

Is this because of the credit crunch, or people cashing in as a good classic buy or just people moving to another make of car? I wish I was looking now, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop! :)

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only about five for sale in OZ

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

42 on LEW including ones' that have sold

20 on Autotrader but there will be repeats to other sites

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

And some 'we buy Esprits' and 'buy an Evora' ads too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Still seems a lot for sale. My guess is end of summer, so sell the sports car, combined with the credit crunch. And looks like the dealers aren't shifting their stock. Nutley's had that GT3 for ages (over priced) and a lot of old stock at UK Sports cars.

Nice looking GT3 for

a years free beer.

Paul, you're obviously not drinking enough! :)

I can always say one good thing about UK Sportscars - they do the're best at keeping Esprit residuals where we want them.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

well just seen the uksportscar s4s and it's very nice and it's actually SIMON KERRISON's old car! Remember him? From the old meets? :-) he had his ad on esprit4sale for absolutely yonks (think he was asking

Edited by EspritMiltonKeynes

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Haha! Brilliant Paul, I thank you for your wise advise as always... No I was never seriosuly considering an offer as high as that anyway, even if it had been perfect... I'm certain that that car was bought from Simon Kerrison for ~

Edited by Bibs
Removed quote of preceding post

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Speaking of Esprits for sale, check out page 182 (I think) of the October issue of the duPont Registry (I've never actually purchased the mag, as by the time I've completed perusing its pages, they are too drenched with drool to bring to the checkout counter and keep a straight face--and in any case if Barnes and Noble didn't want its patrons to indulge in "freebie" reading, why else would they provide so many comfy chairs? And I can never seem to exit the store without buying a passel of books, so their marketing strategy actually works!). Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the page layout muppets (who, in a publication of this caliber should know better) have managed to confuse the Elise and the Esprit, having put the wrong photo to the respective vehicle description. I suppose I shouldn't be completely surprised at their lack of Lotus acumen, as (near as I can determine) it was the only Esprit for sale in the entire magazine. The bright side is that the "exclusivity" of our chosen rides is confirmed once again. B)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I have a well sorted totally original Esprit S4 sort of for sale at

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I have a well sorted totally original Esprit S4 sort of for sale at

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.