free hit
counters
track day tire/rim choices - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

track day tire/rim choices

Hi all. I would like to get some high quality rubber on one of my sets of wheels for track days in my '93.5 Esprit. I have a set of the stock revolution wheels(US only?) F-215/50 ZR 15" R-245/50 ZR 16", a set of S4 wheels F-215/40 ZR 17" R-245/45 ZR 17", and a set of V8 AWI F-235/40 ZR 17" R-285/35 ZR 18".

Looking at tirerack there are Hoosier R-comps in sizes close to the revolution original tire size at Front: 225/50ZR15 and Rear: 255/50ZR16. I can also get Kumho R-comps in the original 17" S4 size.

My brake size is stock on my car with the TMC brakes but I have '01 V8 shocks/springs fitted with rest of the suspension being stock. I have a Quaife LSD, WCEngineering turbo and supporting mods, so I've got a little more HP than stock. I was hoping that the smaller wheels would be easier on the brakes, but I am not sure how the tire size and weight balance of the tire vs. a bigger rim works out. In addition I don't know how a R-comp with a higher aspect ratio would compare to one with a lower aspect ratio, not to mention the width difference.

Am I simply better off going with the biggest rims/tires I can fit? In this case it would be the V8 wheels with some sticky tires.

Anyone have opinions/comments on what to go with? Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days