free hit
counters
New from Switzerland - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

New from Switzerland

Robert

Hi Brian: I saw once by chance a poster about this event - couldn't believe it - as motorsport is banned in this country. We live in La Tour de Peilz, so it is around the corner from us.

Usually the Swiss do things which are really clever, but I think this rule may need some revising. Especially given their respect for personal choice, and that safety techmology has moved on a bit since the old days.

Etienne,

I took loads of photographs of the Classic Hillclimb weekend and have now uploaded them.

Ollon-Villars Hillclimb Photographs

The photographs from the Morges British Car meet have not yet been uploaded to their website but there are lots of photographs from 2003-2007

Morges British Car Meet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how this green proposal can get through. Can you imagine how many people are living from "not so green" cars in this country ??? Seems absolutely crazy to me.

I would say, all Esprits out there are not good, unfortuneatly. They are probably better than other places, but i've seen trash cars as well. The key is to put the money to get the best one. Go and check the cars first, the dealer etc. Buy the lowest mileage possible (unless you find a true pearl like Etienne's car), and ask for a new MOT and be sure the cam belt is done recently or will be done at the moment of the sale.

Also, a nice Turbo SE makes more sense to me. The perf. is close to the V8, for half the price, and reliability and maintenance probably better and cheaper.

I also think the lines of the Turbo SE are the more elegant as well. That's subjective and I'm biaised, I know !

Isn't it beautiful ???

lotusespritturboserouge15.JPG

lotusespritturboserouge13.JPG

Edited by Alireza

Alireza, your SE does look wonderful,

agreed about the greens proposal, since only does it allow most sportcars, but also most SUVs, so they will alleniate 2 groups of motorists... probably the later (being bigger group) may save the day for us :lol:

Ive so far only found cars on autoscout.ch,

and had been considering the SE - has a nice 1991 with low mileage which might be worth a visit...

as you say half the price, ( say the the nice V8 also on autoscout @ the lambo garage)

im sure the SE, would be great... and means I have more spare cash should any problems crop up.

is there anyone you would trust for maintenance/servicing etc ... im not a mechanic and would want someone that knows esprits!

(as close to Zurich/Lucern as possible :)

will have to wait for the snow to clear before i go to have a serious look - dont fancy driving an Esprit for the first time in snow :lol:

• 1 month later...