free hit
counters
Rob C's letter in EVO - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Rob C's letter in EVO

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been quiet recently! Doesn't he live near you?

Anyway, what's the letter say!

Don't forget to order you're calendars! LEW needs the cash for hosting. Averaging 3,500 hits a week at the moment! Breaking the 40gb bandwidth half way through the month! Going to need to relocate the site soon!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

I ordered mine withing 5 minutes of getting the mail, I hope I was first and get a special prize!

LEF is averaging 35,000 hits per week but fortunately being a forum we don't use nearly as much bandwidth!

Buy the LEW Calender today or else :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Oh yeah! Need to find sometime to look into moving it! Not many places do more than 40gb a month! The ISP LEW's with at the moment don't do a bigger package!

That's why the calendar money's important. Helps pay the hosting costs each month, which are about to go up when it moves (but down, as the fines are heafty again).

The apathy towards the calendar at the moment, compared to last year, LEW will be lucky to cover the printing, binding and set-up costs!

Sorry to steal the thread, what was in the letter? Is that old retired git moning about something as usual ;-)

kato

lew_small.gif

I dont get the MAG EVO so please what does it say?  I bet it some [email protected] talking!  haha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok you Guys as this is just my 3rd attempt at penning a few words on this great new forum..well done Andy..here goes.

Yes I wrote a few words to EVO all about last months Lotus test Esprit S3 verse 240R Exige.....with reference this month to my own Sport 350 and my son's S3 Turbo and why EVO is such a great Car Mag for us petrol heads.

Sorry it taken me so long to get into 6th gear and get my foot down on the keys of my laptop..at this time my car is gathering dust on top of the Cover...My leg is just to naf to drive it now..that's not a hint for you guys to pinch my keys either especially with Johan's ECU chip on board..by the way the car passed the MOT even easier this year with the new chips...plan B some Fish to go with it One day.

Keep on enjoying your cars fellers....Rob C

[email protected] or 07976 609881

:D

That must be expensive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's not.

I have a private server with www.appollohosting.com for 100GB per month for US$39.95/m for 4 of my sites

I have 65million hits per month from www.professionalmuscle.com and that sits on a 100GB server with DAILY full database backups for under US$100/m with www.data393.com

Tons of ISP's around that offer great deals with reliable service. Hosting a site cost nothing these days.

Doesn't mean that Kato shouldn't make $ though, because the time that he spends on building the site is worth lots of $ and he should be compensated for that.

Not sure I can host on a US based company, as paying might be a problem. I'm currently looking around. It does now seem LEW is break it's 80gb bandwidth halfway through the month! So might need a lot more than 100gb.

As for www.data393.com. Looks like you get 20gb bandwidth a month for $50 a month! Not quite good enough. They'd want nearly $100 a month to cover over 50gb a month!

Not cheap from what I can see! Thinking about opening another package and moving some of the popular pages on to that! Can get some cheap extra bandwidth that way!

LEW's received 187,421 page hits in October!

kato

lew_small.gif

I get 100gb/month on here for $49.99 per month, plus a few extras, like forums and stuff with daily, weekly and monthly backups by the hosts!

https://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/ho...site/index.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I run another forum on the package where people can offer a donation of

Evora NA

Not sure I can host on a US based company, as paying might be a problem. I'm currently looking around. It does now seem LEW is break it's 80gb bandwidth halfway through the month! So might need a lot more than 100gb.

As for www.data393.com. Looks like you get 20gb bandwidth a month for $50 a month! Not quite good enough. They'd want nearly $100 a month to cover over 50gb a month!

Not cheap from what I can see! Thinking about opening another package and moving some of the popular pages on to that! Can get some cheap extra bandwidth that way!

LEW's received 187,421 page hits in October!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in Australia, and I have no problem using US companies to do my hosting. It's the internet after all.

Data393 is good, but expensive - as I said, I pay US$100/month for 100GB

Appollohosting.com have some GREAT packages and very cheap compared to other ISPs.