free hit
counters
[WANTED] REAR WING 91 TURBO - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

[WANTED] REAR WING 91 TURBO

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it was an SE I don't think it should have had one!

Where are you getting your paintwork done? I'm using Townley Panel & Paint in Dartford, very well reputed fibreglass guys.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Post a couple of pics alan and we'll soon let ya know. :lol:

(The SE will say 'chargecooled' on the top of the engine from memory)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This is the SE engine, your's may or may not have this chargecooler on the engine...

Esprit_SE_04.jpg

You're only 10 mins from me, pop over and I'll have a look at the car and I'll introduce you to Townley if you like?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Alan, the guy in charge isn't there today, would Monday morning be ok with you?

Give me a call on 07973 402532 and we'll make the arrangements :lol:

Evora NA

What's the Vin number, i'll check out if it was an SE or maybe a special that did have a rear wing from new.

From 88 Special models we're a'plenty mostly with rear wings. For example 88my Ltd-Edt'n USA A082B4879J with 65mm plinths and 1,035mm centres and non USA Commemerative 89 to 91 B082B4931J 65mm height again but spaced at 800mm centres.

There were more rear wings on your shape of car than my wife has complaints about me.....maybe that is an exageration!

If yours did mean to have a wing i'll check vs the VIN and if it did i think it'll be the B082B4931J. Sadly this is no longer serviced, but at least you will know!

If it was not meant too, leave it as standard, i tihnk they look better without anyway.

Toodle pip :)

Parts Supplying Lotus God

Neil - Alan is at mine at the moment and we're just about to head off for a respray quote. The car seems to have been fitted with an SE wing for some time until some little gits recently nicked it! Chassis number SCCO82910MHD10192.

It's a 'J' plate, 1991 and is also fitted with ABS, it's got an NA tailgate and ABS too!

Evora NA

Hi Alan/Bibs here's what the build book says!

1. Car was passed to sales Oct 24th 1990

2. Engine # is CP910 9010 27568, do you still have the original motor?

3. Paint is Red ICI code A23

4. You should have a nice glass roof and air conditioning

5. Also Sand Leather and sand coloured carpets

Now the bit you wanna know......on the Paint shop check list of items to paint for this car we have.... Bodyshell Qty 1 (that always makes me giggle, how could someone of ever counted two!!)....doors qty 2, pods qty 2 etc etc and Rear Spoiler qty *......* means it did not and should not have one so save some dosh and leave it as nature intended.

Keep on trucking :)

Gooner.

Superb, thanks Neil - Should it have a glassback tailgate? I think it should but it's got the 'NA' one with contrast deck on at present, perhaps that was changed and the spoiler came with the new one at some point?

It's got a/c and glass roof. Being ABS equipped must make it an early taker for that, I thought it came in on the SE High-Wing?

Evora NA

Glass back yep for that one. That was fitted to all prior to 92 model year.

Sounds like someone had a 'good idea' at some time and coverted it !to NA spec!

ABS is not odd for a 91 car.

The build book is a tad odd tho on this one...... as there is no selling dealer information which whilst not of great importance is interesting. Does the car still have the service book with it? If so be interesting to see who did the 1st one....

There is nothing about it being a Company Car here either.

As we all know Lotus built just about 10,674 Esprit's and of that about 10,674 of them had something unique. So to find a 'specification of interest' is quite normal.

Neil :)

It's got Haydon's plates on, they look original!

Evora NA

Ah that might expalin it, they had two sites one in Cambridge and one in Salisbury. So as it was Haydon we may not of filled in the detail as we did not know which one!

BTW i was a right pillock this morning, i put out wheelie bin #3 - garden waste then got in my car and reveresed straight into it within 20 seconds of putting it there!! In the good old days all the waste went into one bin paid for under one lot of rates. Now i have 3 bins and the garden one i pay

Alan's got a Stealth Turbo!. The same model as Gumin and myself. At first glance it looks like an N/A. The '91 model was one of the last carb turbo's made using the glass-less N/A body shell with SE wheels, chassis and ABS. This sounds like the original spec to me. Quite rare so leave as is!

Brendan

BTW i was a right pillock this morning, i put out wheelie bin #3 - garden waste then got in my car and reveresed straight into it within 20 seconds of putting it there!! In the good old days all the waste went into one bin paid for under one lot of rates. Now i have 3 bins and the garden one i pay

Evora NA