free hit
counters
deerfoot trail in calgary - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

deerfoot trail in calgary

"Calgary Police Service conducted a five-hour speed trap on Deerfoot near 130th Avenue S.E. Officers caught 103 speeders doing an average of 132 kilometres per hour.The worst lead foot was a BMW driver clocked at 201 km/h.

Traffic unit Sgt. Mark Ehrmantraut said police receive regular complaints about speeding on the highway. He thinks what they found Sunday isn't unusual.

"It's a snapshot in time on Deerfoot Trail at that location. It's unfortunate," he said.

Ehrmantraut said the speeding BMW, and the average speed of 32km/h over the posted limit, came as a surprise to the eight officers involved.

"It shocked everybody, really. We were expecting some high speeds there, but nothing doubling the speed limit," said Ehrmantraut.

Thirty-two traffic tickets were handed out for infractions other than speeding, including not having proper documentation and not wearing a seatbelt."

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/s...46-5b6261c235fe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! I'm somehow not shocked at all with those stats. The BMW is kind of funny though... 201??? wow.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Well, keep in touch then - because when you've come that far, we're close enough to Calgary for a meet, and Dodgy could still be here!

:D

Yup, :P could well be.

As for speeding, every day we see cars ermm, i mean trucks flying past us and we are keeping to the limit of 110kph :D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)