free hit
counters
Newbie looking for info - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Newbie looking for info

Hello fellow Canadians!

I was wondering if anybody on here with a V8 could help me out.

I am ready to start looking for a V8 to purchase but have only ever seen one up close but very briefly. I have done lots of reading, downloaded countless videos and so forth. But would anybody be willing to meet up for a chat? I would be willing to drive the distance to meet you. Would love to meet another Esprit owner (with me going to be one shortly). Also I know getting a test drive in one would be unrealistic at a dealership or an owner's car. But would anybody be willing to take me for a ride so I can see what they can do? Would be nice to see before I sink a lot of money into one to purchase.

Thanks!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin,

Don't even think about it! Just do it, you will not regret it! I have a four cylinder Esprit and love it. I would love to have a V8 Esprit and can see buying one in the future. There are V8 owners in the Ontario region, try and hook up, you won't regret it. Just as you won't regret purchasing an Esprit.

Serge

I met up with 73JPS today. He is a really nice guy. We chatted and I learned a lot. He took me for a drive and I was very impressed with the car. I really want to buy one now! ....Yes, even more than before.... haha.

But can't get one yet. Moving into the new house this week. So the wife put the axe down and said not till next spring. :sofa: Also she really wants me to get an Elise instead of an Esprit. So I just have to fool her into thinking the Esprit is an Elise than I'm sure she will go for it now :) haha.

Edited by Mister_C
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Colin,

It was a pleasure to meet you and take you for a spin. I guess you will still be up for a drive in the early spring, then, eh? Anyway, it will be great to have you as a member of the Esprit community come next year. I would say your current position bodes well for your marriage, if not immediate Esprit ownership B) . Next time bring your wife! We will convert her forthwith...

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

I am going to have to meet up with you guys. I am currently looking for a good S2....just sold my mint '73 Europa Special for premium $. I have lots of other toys in the meantime but really miss having a Lotus around.

"beev" in Barrie

Edited by mityrare

Keep looking "Beev", they're around. It took me a while to find my Stevens, but it was worth the wait and the deal that I got on it. There will be more coming available as the economic downturn in the States takes hold.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.