free hit
counters
HELP WITH FREESCAN READINGS - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

HELP WITH FREESCAN READINGS

brianabbot

Hi all, I finally got round to connecting up freescan, my car is a 1990 SE, it always starts and drives well as long as your right foot is down in the carpet but lower speeds/ sensible driving/pulling away etc its really lumpy, I thought I'd connect freescan and try to sort this out then I looked at the excel file and realised I didn't have a clue what I should be looking at, so I wondered if anyone be prepared to have a look at the excel file for me?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian

lot.csv

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll need one of the masters to have a peek at the data.

From what I've seen, your charge cooler impellor is still okay, but I see that you didn't floor it cos you only reached 70%ish acceleration on a couple of occassions.

Doesn't seem to be any leaks in your vacuum lines either.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Do you have a Lotus O2 sensor? It's readings are very odd, doesn't look like an OEM part to me.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs,

What do you find strange about the O2 readings? I've not really looked in detail at the 4 cylinder scans before, but if you plot the O2 values they do start oscillating between 0.1v and 0.9v. I'd say that the initial readings of 0.453v are due to the O2 heater not having got up to temperature. Also the closed loop is still set to 0 so I'm assuming that the car isn't actually using the O2 sensor at that point.

However, as I said not looked at many O2 readings from the 4 cylinder cars, so am interested in you thoughts.

Regards,

Peter.

Do you have a Lotus O2 sensor? It's readings are very odd, doesn't look like an OEM part to me.

Brian,

Hope this helps.

post-45-1223842671.jpg

Not sure what writing/part number will be on the O2 sensor. But am sure that Lotus don't make their own O2 sensors. The Lotus part number is B918E0322F.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99

Brian,

I'm sure the cat has been removed for one of the following reasons:

1) It failed and the owner didn't want to purchase a new one.

2) A previous owner wanted a few extra horse power.

I'd guess it's mostly option 2.

I think there are a fair few owners without a cat, and they seem to run OK.

Regards,

Peter.

how could you tell I had 70% acceleration?

Line 5610 . The TPS is at 72% and TPSv maxs out at only 2.8v.

100% should be just under 5 volts.

Pedal flat to the floor will show 100% on TPS.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017