free hit
counters
Wheeler Dealers - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A positive, enthusiastic program about the Esprit.

More please...

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

did any body else notice how much blue (oil) smoke comming out the back as Mick thrashed it around !!

and come on Ed. He could of cleaned the engine up before he put it back in the car. Aslo who puts a old crappy exhaust back on with a nice new stainless manifold ?

how are all you Turbo owners feeling as Mike as just told ever 1 your cars are less desirable tham a N/A :) not worth as much and are trublesome.

logo_01-2.jpg
He could of cleaned the engine up before he put it back in the car. Aslo who puts a old crappy exhaust back on with a nice new stainless manifold ?

Ian

I think you missed the point of the program a little as it's about doing as little as you need to and making the largest margin. This includes labour. I totally agree that if anyone is resto'ing an Esprit you wouldn't do that but they were in it for the money.

I do think it may be a lost opportunity for the new owner tho.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yep, I noticed a small puff of blue smoke.

OK, nerdy time.

They said at some point about having to sort out the electrics- I think it was Ed, but neither ike nor Ed mentioned that before or after that point. Error on fault list or a problem that didn't make good television?

The interior was removed and replaced with a darker one, champagne to tan. Des the front piece of leather right against the bottom of the screen come out as I didn't see it on the floor when ed finished removing the interior? If not, does that mean the interior was a mix of champagne and tan or did they paint it?

Ed said about Mike complaining there was a squeaky rear damper, but Mike had been told by the seller and Mike told Ed it was leaky, low and behold, Ed felt the squeak was due to a leaky damper he discovered.

It was recently mentioned by somebody (not on here) that that forum could be seen as populated by the stereotypical beardy classic car enthhusiatst who nit-picks everything.

Fair cop, except I'm clean shaven.

I liked the way they cut the recording every time Mr. Brewer spun the car... to try to make it look as if he was powersliding in a controlled fashion..think he did manage it once or twice, but most of the time when it let go it was gone!! I, too, saw a fair amount of blue smoke issuing from the exhaust...not good. On the whole, though, a good and positive view of the Esprit, showing it to be what it is and why I bought mine way back in 1988..the last of the owner maintainable supercars. Although mine is- of course - a turbo!! And yes, that was Steve in his emporium at the beginning, Jayne must have been hiding that day...I've never managed to negotiate him down to 50% of his asking price!! Now I'm off downstairs to the workshop to pull MY motor out...bottom end this time, far too long going far too fast resulting in (I think) big end failure no.3 cylinder!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Yes definitely saw a fairly big puff of blue smoke at the begining, but I'm sure that was just the leaky rear shock leaking on to the exhaust :) . I must say the G car binnacle looks a nightmare to get out, glad mine wasn't that difficult but having said that it still took me a whole day to change the wood panel on it !. I notice we didn't see Edd pulling the carpet out I bet that took some time as well.

One final thought.... Why does Edd's mate Dick at the paint shop always want paying even when he does him a favour, but poor old Paul who seems to be in every episode so far this series does everything for nothing..... I can only think Paul has some shocking cars in his garage that Edd helps him with :respect:

Martyn :)

Kimbers, I get what they are trying to do. Just Ed normal cleans everything before he puts it back on.

One othere thing Ed changed the cam belt and then got his oxy/aycl tourch out to heat up the bolts on the exhaust man. with the front 2 bolts being abit close to the belt I would of done bolts then the belt if it was me.

All in all it was a good program

logo_01-2.jpg

Sammie, what's the sketch here, do you work for WD or the production company or are you just an obsessed fan?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Anybody know if the whole Esprit episode is posted anywhere and not just the 2 min clips?

Thanks

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Mayesprit did you miss it?

:) Even a couple of mates phoned me and said they enjoyed it.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sammie, what's the sketch here, do you work for WD or the production company or are you just an obsessed fan?

ha! i wish they paid me for this, wouldnt u?? :unsure: im just an obsessed fan :D i own a hillman minx though but am into other cars as well obviously

xx

Thanks Catalin for posting up the link.

Watched all 6 parts and really enjoyed. Also thanks to Ian Heighway for the PM re offer of a copy. (didn't think it would be too long before somebody posted the utube link but thanks for the offer anyway mate :unsure: )

Edited by mayesprit

I watched this last night and although it was great to see the Esprit and the fact they loved it I'm a little worried that it'll encourage the uninitiated to go and buy the cheaper S2/S3s thinking they can turn a sorry car into a gem for

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

I have to say that I enjoyed watching that show!! Good to see the Esprit on TV!

Not a bad show, it is better than what the Speed channel offers here...all I can ever seem to find on that channel is pinks all out and passtime, both shows are pitiful.

Jason

Good fun to watch.

So how much should you pay yourself for labor? dealer rate must be 75.00GBP an hour, so figure you pay yourself 30.00GBP an hour. So labor costs.......no profit.

Edited by GavinT