free hit
counters
The Exploding V8 - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Kimbers

The Exploding V8

It's well known that the V8 isn't as reliable overall, as the 4 pot, however everyones experience is different. I know lots of members on here who don't have issues with their V8 yet other 4 pot owners who have lots of problems. Then there's lil old me who has a great car with no problems and sells it anyway..........erm......just remind me why I'm doing that again?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I wonder how 3 days became 3 weeks and why roland won't return my calls.......You don't think they've killed her do you?

You mean immaculate shiney ones, they are all new!!!

Not since them 'erberts in Hethel used it as a 4x4 through the fields for a laugh on Friday afternoon :innocent:

Hi, I'm totally gutted for you, an esprits owners worst nightmare! Not even the best welder is going to get all those bits back together!

This just may help..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Look at the second picture, in the background is a V8. I enquired about it out of interest and its

Walter, i know an guy in Berlin who has an V8 spare engine left (and i think he would sell it), and rumors say that R&B had still an offer of an professional rebuild engine for 15K Euros

Bud anyway, if you have AUDI-engines for less, or nothing -just try it ! (as you now have got the 'official' note from Kimbers all about it... ) :innocent:

Edited by G

Walter what can I say :X That is anyones worst nightmare!

Be interesting to know what the main cause could have been. But I hope you manage get it back together and keep this car on the road rather than letting it go to someone who will molester it.

All the best. :innocent:

Here's the result.....I don't know but does this look terminal to you?

http://www.pixagogo.com/2862284183

Don't click on this link if you are squeemish or don't like to see dead Esprits.

Aieeeeeeee!!!

shouldn't have looked...shouldn't have looked...shouldn't have looked........ :innocent:

The Audi upgrade sounds interesting, It's obviously possible as proven by Hilly. There is also a company talking about Jaguar engine and Audi gearbox upgrades. Now a supercharged 4.2 Jaguar + 6 speed Audi box would be a nice package.

Absolutely crushed for you!! That is my worst nightmare x10. Almost makes me scared to drive the car :)

Hey - if Lotus are planing on whacking BMW V8 engines in the new esprit what about using one of those as a replacement?*

*this is just a suggestion rather than a well thought out plan! :)

This is not such a daft suggestion Charlie........

Rumour has it that, whilst the external design is pretty much fixed and signed off, the new Esprit is having to be re-engineered due to a change of powerplant.

Now, back in August 2007 I posted this - http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=11562 If memory serves this V8 is Jaguar (Ford) related in the dim distant past. At the Open Day, there was an Aston Martin engine in one of the anechoic chambers, albeit a V12.

So, putting 2 and 2 together and assuming I haven't got 5 (or 3), has Lotus ditched the BMW and will the new Esprit come with a Lotus fettled Aston Martin engine, probably the V8? If I'm right do I get a prize Bibs?

Hi guys,

Walter's my cousin and he told me a few days ago, he 'll sort out another Lotus V8 engine, as he has found one. He is just only considering which built up, he will choose.

He is seriously considering to go the Mike Sekinger GT1 way. Maybe not that extreme as mike's car, but a bit less. Any way Walter is now learning to use a forum and I hope we get him on here in a few days or hours :sofa:

Edited by Exploded

Hi guy's ,

Lotus was very helpfull with my engine ,it's probably the only car company that care's about their customers.

I can not discus the deal but I am very glad with the results.

Lotus man for ever !!!!!!!

Walter,

I have found a V8 engine for you with low miles if you are interested?

Dave Walters

Thanks Dave but I believe Walter got help from Lotus in getting engine supply and were extremely helpful. It was horrible for me as we were just hooning together and Walter was so far away from home that I just felt dreadful for him. However, it looks all sorted now.

Nice to see Walter has found his typing fingers and looks like he's had a little help in "Forum using" from other parties. I hope we see him making comment more often as he is extremely knowledgable.

Walter LOtus---whatever the deal by Lotus, too I'm greatful!!

How many manufaturer does something like this today huh?

VIVA LOTUS!