Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Being as though there's a fair amount of doom & gloom around at the moment how about focusing on the little things in life that make it better. Did you find a penny in the street, perhaps your daughter got an A in school today, maybe the other half cooked you a nice dinner, perhaps the sun shone for you today, did you finally finish that project for and get the boss off your back or maybe you just feel thankful you've got a roof over your head and food in your belly!

I'm happy today because I handed my notice in at work on Monday and I've been able to tell lots more people about it today!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Got my new all singing and dancing electronic cigarette and am sitting here puffing away like a good 'un........

Lovely (very) old dog seems to have got over having a small stroke on Sunday and is here next to me.

Reasons to be cheerful....

Tim B

I had a nice chat with Bibs......

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Holy Crapola! I just filled up my new petrol car after dropping the old passat diesel off and filled up at 103.9 and I thought that was great compared to 113.9 Diesel. But 99.9!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Congrats Laura, hopefully the job change is for the better which is always something to be happy about.

Have to agree with the drop in gas prices as they dropped by almost a dollar a gallon.

I be happy because:"

1. Today means I only have one more day to go before the weekend, (we work 4-10's)

2. Tomorrow is payday, (financial solvency for another week)

3. this weekend I go racing...sort of. It's the 24 hours of Lemons and I am signed up to drive in, partnership, a beasty Saab.

4. I know and feel it deep down in my soul, that my shiney new chrome orange 2-11 is headed to Houston and shall be here any time now.

My birthday is very near and having it by then would be such a wonderful thing.

5. The engine from the Lotus 61 should be just about ready to be picked up which means more racing is close at hand.

Hoozah! Tis a pretty decent day if you ask me. :wub:

Im taking the 350 for it's last run of the year to the Ring on Friday.

After giving it a service, I decided today to take it to a site meeting in Liverpool, to give it a run out and make sure all is OK.

The sun shone, and the car ran perfectly........that made me smile.

I'm happy because I've finally gone and got all the paints, laquers and fillers to get the pods ready to be fitted... And I've sanded them down ready fir primer tomorrow :)

I'm happy cause Pollys only pissed in the house once today :wub: 4 x pees & 2 x poos outside :) she's had lots of treats

I'm happy cause I'm picking up my gorgeous lady up from work in an hour 20 and going swimming and hot tubbing with her.. Yum yum :P

I'm happy cause I dragged my sorry ass out of bed today and got everthing done I wanted to do :(

Chunky Lover

Oh I'm such a sad case.

I was happy today because some items I have posted on our internal intranet site which has been giving me two weeks of jell every three moths for the last year may finally come to and end, a colleague in another business area had an idea, convinced me it would work, and I've spend 5-6 hours today (postponing everything else I had to do) just to do a fifth of the work involved in making it technically possible.

Why does 5-6 hours of a 30 hour additional piece of work make me happy?

Because I have a slim hope that this might mean my two weeks of hell drops to two days of hell every three months.

Contrary to the predominent mood in this country I'm mostly happy and enjoy just about eveything I do. I'm obviously the luckiest person around therefore and am very grateful for it. But then I haven't got a job to hold me back... :wub:

....whats your's going to be Laura??

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'm going to be working for an IT recruitment company, the pay and hours are great but I'm not sure about my new boss :P

Sounds great!! Congrats.....and to the boss on making it to the recruiting "staff" stage! Just keep some of the evidence if you need to bring on the old harrassment charges... :wub:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I'm happy because:

It was sunny day today

I drove 270 km with Esprit and no problems.

No one passed me, but I ....

Got our family car serviced today

When driving home from our friends car shop I was at home 15 minutes before Sissi. She drove Rover and I Esprit and it's 65 km

After 18 month our daughter will be doctor, I'am typical proud father

We were in Leonard Cohens concert on last friday. It was great

Got glass sunroof to our Esprit. Terrible priced but...

Should be enough for one day :wub:

I've had a good day, I took the docs advice and did some writing, a story about a young guy who becomes an assassin inspired by his own dishonest family who he murders first!

I expect you all to buy a copy when it's published!

Roger :wub:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Finally collected the last bits of the kit for the Edge Devil kitcar...was supposed to have been ready at the end of July, but what the hell, small firms, things slide, at the mercy of their suppliers...now to drag the whole caboodle to the workshop in France and start building!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I am happy today because I sat on the A414 and M25 for 2 hours crawling along and survived by listening to Chris Moyles who is brilliant.