Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 130 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it's even funnier given the difference between UK and American English.   The idea of defecating on a "pan"   :lol:

*we call it a toilet "bowl" -which is closer  I think  ;)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

@kimbers I guessed you missed the news about the white supremacists in the UK Army plotting terrorist activities - The Royal Anglian Regiment.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Just been to look at Group 4 TR7 V8 rally car - unfortunately it was a bit too far gone for my requirements but sitting next to it was a GT40 - I was asked if I thought it was the real thing or not, my reply was I assumed it was a very good copy after such a question. I was quickly corrected by being told it was the genuine thing and was in fact the Mk1 GT40 Jacky Ickx had driven at Le Mans in 1966 - It was absolutely immaculate having just been returned from being restored in New Zealand from boxes of parts he had sent over (apparently it is the only place you go if you want a proper GT40 restoration). I thought I was fussy but this guy went far beyond - all parts are from the original GT40 or other Mk1 GT40's - each part is documented with the chassis number from it's originating car. After lots of drooling he even started it for me - if ever there was a sound to bring a grin to your face :thumbsup:

For all those moaning about the ever increasing prices of Esprit's it is currently insured for the agreed value of £3,000,000.00

Like a true wally I forgot to take any photos. 

Remarkably this chap is blind, something you quickly forget as he wanders around his garage and gets in and out of the Gt40 - oh and he also had a Lotus Europa under wraps and a single seater hill climb car (for his wife to have a go in!) - -quite a guy.

• Like 2

I think Bibs has won the Euro millions !   But is keeping it low key,   First with a modest Evora,  next will be the custom GT430 Bibbo edtion built just for him and now he cant hold out any longer with hiding it,  so its the private jet is now on order !   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A

32 minutes ago, Bibs said:

A lap of Kent. It was a demo flight for potential customers. :)

Wow, those Gold memberships to TLF must be flying off the shelf. Are you getting yours in Ruby Red or MSG?  Will they paint the calipers for you too? And if I were you, I'd stick to the older Recaro seats and leave the squeaky Sparco ones on the runway.

Enjoy....

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

After a year of fluffing about I finally fixed my flashing abs light. Yay. It's a great day.

Now time to sell.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 08:51, silverfrost said:

I think Bibs has won the Euro millions !   But is keeping it low key,   First with a modest Evora,  next will be the custom GT430 Bibbo edtion built just for him and now he cant hold out any longer with hiding it,  so its the private jet is now on order !   

Errr - First would maybe be a new razor! :P

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Lovely looking motor car and I'm sure that a real blast.

On 06/09/2017 at 17:05, Kimbers said:

Happy may be stretching it, but these have made me chuckle.

More to do with the way it's written than the actual news articles:

A train driver's window left a station and as it did so a brick was thrown through said window. Yes, the article says that, not: brick thrown throw window of tain as train left the station.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/brick-thrown-through-train-driver-s-window-as-it-left-diss-station-1-5200436

And: Man dialls 999. 

Not: Man has face slashed by knife.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/shop-employee-dials-999-after-man-slashed-across-face-in-mile-cross-norwich-1-5197420

The local press does give me a few giggles.

• Like 1

Fixed the petrol smell in IB10 today with some helpful advice from guys at LEC, I suspected a cracked tank from the awful smell but after investigation and removing the pump the problem presented itself. The filler neck where the hose connects has a metal sleeve fitted to prevent you deforming the plastic filler, this had dropped inside the tank. After fishing it out and resetting all the hoses all was good. My car has an Evaporate system fitted from its development days which had a split hose as well. All repaired and test driven with absolutely no smell ????! 

Really happy as been putting off perspective buyers.

IMG_0686.thumb.JPG.528ddc5278ae5c9a56f0ffcdd367dde9.JPG

Next job to sort is the bushes in the headlight motor as they break up, common issue and £24 for a rebuild kit for both sides from SJ. 

At least I can use the car now as sitting around does it no good but driving with the roof up was rather an experience flying high with fumes within minutes!

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try!