Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 131 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Went to Milton Keynes to look at sofas this afternoon.  Not something that would make me happy.  However, heading west on the A45, I saw a nice, yellow Esprit V8 heading the other way.  Then, in the car park by the furniture shops was a really nice, red Jensen Interceptor.  I briefly spoke to the owner who came out of one of the shops when I was looking at it.  Then, while heading north on the A5 on the way home, I saw a pale yellow type 14 Elite.  I can't remember the last time I saw one of those out on the road except at a classic car event.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Should have been at work today, but it's been raining so the balcony we have been tiling will be all wet so got the day off.

Have got the injectors for the S4 back from the repair guy after a clean and flow test, so they will go in the car today and then hopefully I can get it all going and then hopefully get the suspension and ride height all sorted out.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 4 Sheffield United

Not so much happy as ecstatic:happydance:

Problem with being a 'mixed marriage' though, is that as the victor, I've had to do all the cooking (and drinking!).

Eldest sons 21st today, now need to go onto the other thread as I also got the credit card bill with his present on it. 

• Haha 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

That reminds me of a Jasper Carrot show in Swindon last year, he was retelling the story of when he went to the local leisure centre and the yoga class was on. A young lady on reception was sat on top of the desk with her legs behind her ears and asked him to swipe his card...

On 9/24/2017 at 19:45, Mutley said:

Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 4 Sheffield United

Not so much happy as ecstatic:happydance:

Problem with being a 'mixed marriage' though, is that as the victor, I've had to do all the cooking (and drinking!).

Oh to be in the Championship. Or back in League One for that matter. League Two really is shite...

Perhaps next season.

:(

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Marc,

Whether it is the EU (which I suspect it is) or the UK, the UK are the ones at fault here IMO!

For decades we (the UK) have had mandarins ensuring that all the sh1t coming out of Brussels is applied to the letter.

Tell me how, having just returned from Sardinia (and a regular traveller to France) how it is the Brits that feel that the EU has eroded our 'Britishness' and yet when you go to France, Italy or Spain, you struggle to buy anything in their supermarkets or shops that isn't produced in their Country? Ever tried buying Adnams or Speckled Hen on the Continent. We have got it SOOOOO wrong!

Seems to me like we have 'administrated' our way out of Europe for the worst of reasons. We are far more at risk of losing our identity to the US than any other EU Country.

That said, I love the fact that I can go to the local village CO-OP and buy wine from America, Chile, France, Italy, Spain etc etc.

Imagine being limited to only British Wine!!!!! (I'm a big red fan by the way!) Think I'd be drinking a lot more Adnams

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

This arrived.

59cd686cd6526_burglaralarm.thumb.JPG.030c2d050c63b14658be60c74ce03352.JPG

Had my garage cleared out by professional thieves in the early hours of last Saturday morning. £900 of tools and equipment stolen including my MiG welder, jetwash and a load of air tools. F***ing b***tards. Luckily they didn't get into the house or my good lady would have been a nightmare for weeks. It is sadly complacency, you live in a really nice area and you have nice things. The neighbour over the the road is (probably) not going to steal it, but it is a magnet for the ***** that can see you have value and become a target. A Lotus on the drive is like a big shiny flashing sign that reads "I have some assets, come and take my wordly goods." Then on the Monday my sister in law had her patio doors smashed in broad daylight, less than a mile away from us. They were after their car but both sets of keys were away luckily, So they ransacked the house and took jewellery, petty cash and gift vouchers.

Anyway, the saddest thing about bolting the stable door after horse yadda yadda is that this now turns into a sick arms race. My house and property is now turning into Fort Knox, full on security, 24 hour CCTV, perimeter detection,  I will actually kill anybody who steps a foot onto my castle now. That means it leaves the neighbours wide open as they are easier to turn over. Horrible but this is the way of the world unfortunately.

Police? They just shrugged. They are too busy sitting in their cars or prosecuting people for Facebook hate crimes. Oh to have a bobby on the beat. Three other houses done the same night in my local area. What the hell am I paying them for? Give me the option and I would happily pay a switched on local security company to actually come and check my property and maybe - just maybe - kick the **** out of these leeches.

Whatever. You live and learn. So from my lesson here my friends - get your home security up and together. All of it.

Alan

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

59cd686cd6526_burglaralarm.thumb.JPG.030c2d050c63b14658be60c74ce03352.JPG

Is this the HAL9000 diy kit? - If so I would be more afraid of your alarm system than any intruder. - Sorry the fizz is starting to kick in :stuart:

Edited by march

It is the full on HAL kit Marc. Any would be future burglar will be assailed with comforting words and phrases and lulled into a full sense of safety until the naked Swindon Alan, the nine iron and the acid resistant safety goggles makes an appearance...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I feel for you buddy, it's mind numbingly devastating being f**ked over by these thieving scumbags. My unit was done over last year by the tidiest burglars ever, everything of value was taken, everything else was moved and sorted into neat piles.

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

On a slightly more happy light - the local planning authority have now validated and publicised my planning application for two new build houses.

looks like the esprits are gonna need a new home if this comes off

• Like 1

Only here once

14 hours ago, andydclements said:

Nothing wrong with English wine (it's made in England from grapes grown in England, using normal methods), but British wine is made here, using grape concentrate. 

Grape concentrate? Is that where the grape has a really long hard think and suddenly turns into wine? :P

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

The Romans successfully grew vines and made wine in Great Britain for years. As far North as scotland too!

So much for global warming....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

5 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Grape concentrate? Is that where the grape has a really long hard think and suddenly turns into wine? :P

Bully Hill (Finger Lakes)winery used to sell a nice blend of grape juice called "Cylinder Head"  (had an aircraft radial engine on the label.) Sadly it's  been retired, but I bet it would have made a great starting point.  ;)     They still sell their own unusual wines.

Edited by comem47