Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 149 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wish I still had mine....infact wish I still had all my Lotus's!! Just need a bigger garage!....rephrase that, I need a garage....several of them. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Went to B&C open day, popped in and got a lot of ideas for my Exige. Mrs is keen on all the carbon so that's good!

Didn't stay too long as I had other plans to get to, but was lovely to see and hear all the cars!

IMG-20180818-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20180818-WA0004.jpg

• Like 2

The little 1991 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit I bought for my daughter before she passed her test four years ago - she decided she didn't want it and bought my son's much newer Corsa off of him - passed its MoT today. No advisories and most of the garage mechanics at the workshop turned out to admire it. A real labour of love, it has taken me those four years on and off to restore and refurbish her, a lot of money, welding, paint, new brakes, full engine and gearbox service, tyres, yadda yadda. 43k genuine miles from new, full provenance and every single MoT doc and receipt. She just needs a spot more lipstick and make up before her maiden appearance on eBay.

So happy!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

The little 1991 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit I bought for my daughter before she passed her test four years ago

There goes some memories - that’s the car I learnt in and Passed my Test in. Also the car my Wife had when I first met her.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

So I get back from near on 5 weeks away at work last night and get first peak at the car on the drive. Nice Elite and looking better than expected. But, the Mrs tells me that the insurance company want a copy of the purchase invoice to prove value. I have insured her for what would be a reasonable price once restored and not for what I paid for it. Is it any business of theirs what it cost me. I think not. If I had one it in a raffle for instance, would they only insure for the price of a £10 ticket. Happy with the car though.

Tell them its a resto job so what you paid for it doesn't matter its the replacement value of the completed car!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My Elise-Shop binnacle cover arrived today, not too bad, a few imperfections but nothing major.

After reading the service notes, I think I'll let the dealer install this one - Been having a lot of clumsy moments lately and would hate to ruin this, or the OEM part or anything else. It's my daily as you lot know, so can't exactly have her in pieces for a few days 😕

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-28 at 09.32.30 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-28 at 09.32.30 (3).jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Now you just have to wear the Lotus Jacket and T shirt. See if you get same reaction I got when I walked into Ferrari world in Dubai. It was fun.

• Like 1