Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 169 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 26/08/2019 at 18:27, Sparky said:

30?  Peasant.

I tend to agree. Usually described on the weather forecast as lovely. No it isn’t. It’s too hot and actually restricts what you can actually do more than if it were peeing with rain. Give me a crisp winter day over anything upwards of 78 degrees any day. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

I was at Stocks yesterday, fitting an engine to a TE in a metal-roofed workshop that baked me from around 1300.  I love hot weather, but that was mad.  Heart rate was up in cardio for hours; I lost several pounds!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Got a 3d printer for my birthday and spent the last 3 days setting it up and playing. Tried something crazy like this flexi octopus. Took 13 hours to print, but I'm happy with the result. Is it perfect? No, it has a few blemishes and printer settings need some tweaking, but for a hobbyist I love it :)

• Like 2

Ten quid says it'll never swim :sofa:

Love it though, I'm beginning to wonder what these machines will allow the 'older car' enthusiast to recreate without necessarily spending a fortune....

Keep it up and keep us posted

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

On way home tonight I missed a head on by seconds. Young lad was out with a busted ankle - had to force open the door on the other car as she couldn’t open it and drag her out as she couldn’t move her legs - the car went up in flames almost instantly. All very scary indeed - the Lotus was too close - I didn’t realise that it was a head on crash as you just couldn’t make it out in the dark. Everyone survived with pretty minor injuries. 

257C2F8D-0C81-460F-85F0-99F872BBC6CF.thumb.jpeg.8ffbc5b58faabb6cf786685d3bcc0044.jpeg7B10F89F-6805-48F1-B2FF-E4B13C54BA76.thumb.jpeg.de4c3bb5d9797a47089558c7412f2fc2.jpeg

30 seconds earlier and it would have been me and Danny 

• Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The 17year old lad, same age as my daughter, was in a bit of a mess. He will be fine hopefully - I got home hours late, covered in blood and lacking a coat. Fingers crossed everyone is ok today - but it shook me up a bit. Apparently he’s already written off one car 😲

• Sad 1

Only here once

On 16/09/2019 at 11:21, Barrykearley said:

Apparently he’s already written off one car 😲

Let's hope he just gets a push bike next....

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

12 hours ago, Vanya said:

On a lighter note...

Got me a new daily driver; A spotless 1997 Jag XK8 for 7100 GBP. I made the decision after test driving a Porsche 996 C4 which reminded me of what passionless motoring feels like. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

9601340326.jpg

Very nice. Drove an XKR for 8 years as a daily. Prefer the original to the more aggressive update.

• Gold FFM

Leaving work on time, for the first time in over a year.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...

Got a copy of the Haynes workshop manual for the Lotus 98T after the wife tipped me off that a local shop had 2 copies in stock marked down to £4.99 each.  Happy days.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Greta Thunberg didn't win the Nobel Prize.....best she's all like...................
Image result for greta thunberg pulling faces

And possibly even........

Image result for greta thunberg pulling faces

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Oh she lost it way before then. And then of course she lost the prize.

Shock horror, privileged young lady with platform for mouthing off does not win the prize.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.