Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 213 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

7 hours ago, ramjet said:

My son gets married on Saturday 2nd, so I'm happy now, but I'll be over the moon by the evening on Saturday.

We thought we were empty nesters several yeats ago when the last of my 3 stepdaughters left home. Her older sister became an addict  and subsequently got pregnant.  Her subsequent boyfriend was a child abuser and long-story short we have custody of the grandson.  Oh well. master reset on "empty nest" status.  Good news is other stepdaughters are great and the addict went through rehab and now is married to somene new. (but the grandson  has nighborhood friends and well established in this school system and will  graduate here in several more years) His mother lives 2 towns away

Life has  its twists  !!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, Escape said:

I should really start a thread about the recommissioning. I'll start with a pic of a blue threesome just before he came to pick her up earlier this week.

Please do. And add plenty of pictures. I would be all over the moon if I had that anywhere near me. 🙂

Is it a keeper or does your contact plan to move it on?

20 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Nothing I can put in writing on here - but by god life’s feckin great currently.

🤔 Hm, sounds like either something that rhymes with "snowjob" or a lottery win kept on the down-low to keep "friends" and "relatives" from coming out of the woodwork!

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, yeller77 said:

🤔 Hm, sounds like either something that rhymes with "snowjob" or a lottery win kept on the down-low to keep "friends" and "relatives" from coming out of the woodwork!

Smutty 🤪 -  no lottery win - but a nice new pair of shoes 😉

• Like 1

Only here once

21 hours ago, Rambo said:

But surely you didn't need an MOT for your +2? Or was it for peace of mind?

PS nice little TVR next to it 😉

Sorry Filip, I hadn't realised you were in Belgium. I should have looked at your profile before posting 😳 I assumed you were in Britain where an MOT isn't a mandatory requirement after 40 years. It does have to be road legal though, so some people do put their beloved cars through an MOT. 

31 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Sorry Filip, I hadn't realised you were in Belgium. I should have looked at your profile before posting 😳 I assumed you were in Britain where an MOT isn't a mandatory requirement after 40 years. It does have to be road legal though, so some people do put their beloved cars through an MOT. 

I figured as much. 😉 Easy enough to explain and that way we all learn something. 👨‍🎓

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Aww don't they look happy!

Congrats to you all mate!

Someone coulda cleared up all those leaves before they took the shot though............ 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Aww don't they look happy!

Congrats to you all mate!

Someone coulda cleared up all those leaves before they took the shot though............ 

They be rose petals, them be, ya heathen.

Was a great day and those two organised everything themselves. Outstanding job. 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

They be rose petals, them be, ya heathen.

Was a great day and those two organized everything themselves. Outstanding job. 

I like the "red" leaves.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

On 03/04/2022 at 05:52, Alfa2Evora said:

Despite a significant blip earlier in the week, on balance this still deserves to go in here.

JENNIFER - LATEST UPDATE:
A bit of a mixed bag this week again, with what was probably her best day to date immediately followed by her worst since she left the High Dependency Unit, :(.

Monday started the week on a high. Being a nice day, I'd taken Jennifer out to the patio area to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. She was watching the aircraft passing over on their final descent into Edinburgh and started asking me what each one was, adding little comments such as "You always call them that, don't you?" when I described one as 'Queasy Jet'. In between, I was making small talk about the weather and the birds and flowers that were present when Jennifer suddenly came out with "That's all you seem to keep talking about. When are we going to have a proper conversation?" I almost fell off my seat at that, but then proceeded do do as requested.

On Tuesday I went in all buoyed-up from the previous days 'successes' only to find Jennifer sitting staring at a point on the ceiling, completely oblivious to everything going on around her, she never said a word the whole time I was there and gave no reaction to anything I said or did. The medical team were concerned enough to send her for a scan in case she'd suffered another 'event' but fortunately the results came back clear so I can only assume that her brain was having an off-day to recharge its batteries.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all much the same - she was a lot better than Tuesday (not as great as Monday though) and was able to have a bit of a chat with me although some of what she was saying was not very coherent whilst other phrases and sentences were spot-on.

Yesterday was dog therapy day and as before, it had the desired effect. It was a bit chilly out so the session had to be limited to about 30 minutes but that was still enough to give Jennifer the boost she was needing. After popping the dogs back in the car, I returned her to the ward and just at that, the menu for today's meals arrived. I ran through it with her, only for her to comment at the end of the list of choices, "Just tick anything as they all taste the same anyway". :o:lol:. That's more like the Jennifer of old - just maybe better not mention to anybody that she used to be a Catering Manager with the NHS, :rolleyes:.

Finger crossed for more of the same when I go in this afternoon.

We all be waiting to hear how your next visit goes.  Must to admit the intermittent on/off has got to be a challenge for you.  Is it like a switch?  Does it occur rapidly or does it slowly shift over time when Jennifer is regains her cognition? 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, bogle said:

.............Is it like a switch?  Does it occur rapidly or does it slowly shift over time when Jennifer is regains her cognition? 

Mostly, the transition occurs over time such as she goes to sleep in one frame of mind and wakes up in another. Sometimes, however, it can be almost instantaneous and she goes from calm and relaxed to agitated and screaming the place down in a matter of seconds - a bit like a child throwing a tantrum when things are not going their way.

It's quite distressing for all concerned when this happens as you can imagine. I will admit that it's starting to take its toll on me - I'm feeling more and more frayed around the edges as time goes on but I just keep trying to focus on all the positives and not dwell too much on the other occasions.

Is it possible drugs might be causing any side effects or adding to the intensity of her symptoms?  Did the doctor visit recently to provide you with any updates?  I know you probably already considered these things, but just in case your mind was elsewhere.

• Gold FFM

It's quite distressing for all concerned when this happens as you can imagine. I will admit that it's starting to take its toll on me - I'm feeling more and more frayed around the edges as time goes on but I just keep trying to focus on all the positives and not dwell too much on the other occasions.

David. Hard is it may seem, you may have too just step back from it for a day or two to recharge your batteries a bit. Your body is telling you the same bud.

Everyone at Club Lotus N E Scotland is routing for Jennifer and you.

• Like 2

Where is that Andy?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)