free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 102 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

• Gold FFM

No - just Chavv - he's probably got a Burberry hand bag to match the german thingy.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Crossposted but as it made me happy:

When was the last time you went for a drive for the sake of driving?

When did you last slip into the driver’s seat of quite easily the best car you've owned, turned the key to the third notch, hearing the rorty exhaust bark into life before settling down into a rhythmic 8 pot burble.

Engaging first gear suddenly kicks the noise back to the barks and growls as you pull out of the garage onto the street.

As I left the residential area and exited town into the countryside this morning, it dawned on me that I’ve not taken a car for a drive without a reason for a long time. Just for the sake of driving, just for the sake of pressing on through the countryside hearing the cacophony of sounds assaulting my ears.

I have to say, the Esprit V8 is quite possibly the perfect sports car. The perfect composition of power, the Esprit V8's 350 horses are definitely lively whilst being easy to control. Taming those 350 horses might take longer but learning is sure to be fun.

Feeling the gear change, with the solid leather gear knob in the palm of your hand, it’s easy to notice the changes Lotus have made to the gear linkages when moving from the older Turbo Esprit to the newer Esprit V8. Dogshite. But hey ho.

Buzzing through the gears, the Esprit V8 gathers pace at an astounding rate of knots. Passing briefly through a small village, I don't give a fuck and boot the hell out of the thing, allowing a noisy, antisocial and raucous passage through the village centre.

Again drawing looks from pedestrians, the Esprit V8 is definitely a great looking car, this time the visual appeal drawing attention rather than the noise levels. Although most of them have donned ear defenders so that explains it.

After more fun on the roads of any bloody road you like in Great Britain, Europe or Scandinavia, I return the car to the garage with a satisfying grin and the sound of hot metallic pinks and clicks as the car cools down. Locking the car, hearing the soft whirring of the wallet opening for the next expenditure, it’s hard not to smile.

It’s safe to safe I’m happy with the V8 purchase although my bank manager bloody detests it and would recommend it to everybody. For those of you lucky enough to own one already, go drive it!

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

:lol:

plagerism at its best :lol: love it.

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Heh

Where in West Berks are you, Mr Pops? I'm just over the border in the Wild West (Wiltshire). We should meet up on some deserted road near Hungerford and have a drag race :devil:

For sure, I'm in Thatcham and my parents are in Liddington. So I know the area vaguely between the two. Normally use Ermin Street to get from Newbury to Swindon.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Ace! If you have anything in Essex Blue...particularly a 400 then we definitely have to meet up Lee. Just so I can take photos of it :smoke:

How do you fancy the Pheasant at Shefford just off J14 one evening this week or next?

Anybody else?

44 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Anybody else?

This isn't really the best topic for such arrangements mate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

True, but it will still make them happy.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

On 27/07/2016 at 10:32, swindon_alan said:

Well the last three days really!

After being shamed by the finish of @Royal's S4s at Henley on Saturday I decided it was time to go the whole cleaning and polishing hog with my V8 which I have been meaning to do for quite a while. Having a few days off of work and with the weather being reasonable it had to be done.

I covered every single square inch four times. Clay bar, (T-Cut where necessary), paint cleaner, (touch up stick A/R), polish, Carnauba wax. It took me three whole days but it is so worth it

DSC_0024.JPG

Thanks for the Meguires polishing system tip from @Alex Carter. Brilliant stuff :thumbup:

I've got to admit, that does look good @swindon_alan. But I'm holding back my full appraisal until I see it in the flesh!

• Like 1

"Wax on...wax off. Wax on...wax off."

pat-morita-miyagi.jpg

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Well, what an end to a busy day. Got back to the house this evening to find an email from my former employers, and all it said was. " You have a check in at 1345 Scotia tomorrow ". No other information about what for, what I was going out to be doing, nothing. But it seems like I am back in the land of the employed, well for the next three weeks anyway. So the phone is going to be red hot tomorrow morning to find out what, where and when etc. For example, am I getting paid, and how much, how long a  I away for, where can I collect my PPE. All good fun.

But am I happy, yes, it means I don't have to worry about the bill's for the next couple of month's, but sadly I have to stop work on little Greenie, just as the parts start to arrive to get her going.

:stuart:

• Like 2

Waking up Thursday evening and not having excruciating pain in my leg, admittedly the few days since then I have had some pain in the leg and the pain following surgery.

I can walk again. For the last few months walking meant c50% of my body weight being on my arms via crutches causing trigger finger in one hand and carpal tunnel-like symptoms in the other, now I'm just using one crutch for stability and hopefully just until the muscles grow and the nerves re-learn some of the lost sensation/reflexes.

@andydclements Well Im glad you are able to see the positives.I really hope you are permanently back into a more comfortable state soon. 

EDIT: sorry last bit sounds like Im wishing you dead! :o Im not! I just hope you can get past these bloody issues ASAP.

Buddsy :)

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

2 local pals own MOT stations, never worry that much :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Wow, once in a lifetime event. I always think it's fantastic when I am flying to various countries for work and you fly over the Alp's for instance on an early morning flight and see the peaks poking up through the clouds in the sunshine with the glow bouncing of the snow.

• Like 1
On 06/08/2016 at 01:07, swindon_alan said:

An MoT certificate.

A pass.

With no advisories.

Well I have to temper that statement slightly. Although it wasn't an advisory on the cert, my friendly MoT man did say that my back brake discs do need replacing. Corroded on the insides. Why do most rear discs do that? From my invoice history I do know that Jeff, the former owner upgraded them all to better spec PNM jobbies. So if I go with that flow, it's:

Pair PNM rear 321mm rear grooved discs - £421.00
Pair rear Ferodo DS2500 brake pads - £137.63

Total £560-ish

Ouchy ouchy ouch ouch

<sigh> I love my Esprit, he costs more than my women to run...

• Like 2