free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 104 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

Got pulled over by Police for an emission check, never even knew they did this, only had car a few weeks but had passed MOT a few months ago, wait...OK sir all good! I asked how was it, she replied "very good for a car this old"  Phew!

What happens if you fail?

They'd give you a 'notice of rectification' I think it's called and you have to get it fixed, get it stamped that it's fixed by an MOT station within 14 days. I'd have thought it was more of a VOSA issue though, rather than the fuzz. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

14 hours ago, Sparky said:

@Choppa fantastic news on the exhaust!  So when we gonna see it in action?

I was a bit disappointed to miss the festival at Brands because of the problem with the exhaust and I simply wasn't going to turn up in the daily drive,  I guess the next "organised" thing I'll attend will be Newlands Corner for a bacon butty, but I could always nip over to Watford Exotics HQ in it one weekend when you'll be spannering on some one else's Esprit and do a bit of pointing.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Got a cambelt in on Saturday - feel free to pop along; there'll no doubt be others!  And to stay on topic, everyone will be happy that day.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

That '68 Mustang in light green (Lime Gold actually) looks exactly like the car my sister's boyfriend of the time was driving back in the 70's.

Bet he wishes he still had it , but I know she's glad she moved on (he couldn't commit to marriage after years together and my nieces are now in their late 20s)    ;)

I got my used (new to me) MOTU 5 in, 5 out MIDI interface today. Now just have to wait for the varnish to dry on my homemade mounting unit and I'm a happy camper. :animier: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Waves of envy rising over the middle of France.....!!

Still, I have managed to cudgel the aged laptop back to functionality...lost all me "favourites" but they were getting clogged up anyway; getting all three email accounts back was a major triumph. And the banking stuff, as I had to move money today....without fail....and I managed it. Three cheers for Alain at Charmes Nautiques, the hire cruiser base in Briare; he lent me a laptop to get everything in trim again. He's due a bottle of Bowmore....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

This arrived today. image.jpeg

Wow! If it'll stick to a wall that well, just imagine what it'll do on the track.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

More pics please :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

12 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Posted on my phone and the orientation is the correct way! Must be different on a desktop.

I completely understand, Stuart. It's almost a crapshoot which way a directly sent mobile phone pic will show up in a post. I've had to "rotate" more than a few first, when grabbed for posting from the "my pictures" file if I sent the shot to a laptop as an intermediate step. Several have had to be fully righted from upside down!:lol:

Now be a good boy and comply with His Immenseness's request for more pics!

Very nice. Thanks for the pics. It's a type I know nothing about, but I couldn't help but notice that the Europa shrouded in black (I'd recognize those front turn signals bulges, bumper bolts and chin spoiler anywhere, regardless of the incognito effect :)) trying to nudge the 61 out the door.

And it looks like the little guy is getting some firsthand racing instruction.:thumbup: Move over Verstappen, here I come!

• Like 1

The motor isn't  to FF spec, that's for sure!! 

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Sat on the decking with a lovely cup of tea. Looking at my beautiful view, listening to the birds, experiencing the stillness as the sun rises over the hill, the whispy clouds dispersing and the sky turning a beautfil bright blue. Got a free day so contemplating where to go in the Evora. No where I need to be. No time deadlines. Think I'll just go and start her up and just drive - no set route, no restrictions. Just driving and burning hydrocarbons just because I can. :thumbsup::driving:

Enjoy what is a beautiful looking day everyone.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Andy, we are about to do the same. 1 Evora and 2 M100's. Going the old coast road from near Peterhead. All unclassified roads. Should be fun.

• Like 2

Today finished my Wife's never end home improvements.  In the last 12 months we've had a new front porch (£15k), new central heating and radiators (15k), new solid oak flooring everywhere, another double door into the garden, new furniture (her choices!).  That's on top of an  extension (30k) and a conservatory a few years back.  The whole thing has driven me round the bend.

So finally some peace . . .

• Gold FFM

Sounds like upstairs needs painting, the fence and shed painted and that attic needs sorting......

fourth rail bridge mate - fourth rail bridge

• Like 1

Only here once