free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 105 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Current Mrs H

:lol: Sounds like she's on borrowed time!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just now, Mark Blanchard said:

I sound soft.

Fixed that for you :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well I told her a few months ago she's paying for everything else in the house and she has, the flooring /  double doors etc.  She even put a curtain pole up today!  I refused.

Here's a picture I took of her yesterday:

1443279732221_zpsawuuwgpc.jpg

• Like 1

My wife does all our decorating.

She has repainted all three bedrooms over the summer, after the downstairs last summer :)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I'm glad to read that some others on here have grown some and got a result.

I'm sorry to say @Mark Blanchardthat @bibs was right!

No means no just like Brexit means Brexit.

Just tell her your going on a sex strike until she gets the work done.

I'm assuming of course your not bothered if it ever gets done. And of course you won't get done either. But for sticking to ones principles its a small price to pay.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I'm with everyone else on this @Mark Blanchard. I've given up on DIY, decorating and all that sh*te. I have too many garage projects on the go to waste time on making the house look nicer. Yep, got the same result, she does all of the decorating now. If she wants it, she does it... :animier:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

So finally some peace . . .

Mark, real sorry to put a damper on your peace, but. That you do realise that, that last sentence was the kiss of death on the word PEACE. As Barry has mentioned, the Fourth Road Bridge syndrome has now just started. Have fun.

What else have you got tucked away in the garage Stuart? Might be worth a post in this thread :)

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I've also met a lot of older Lotus Owners that are divorced

Actually brought us closer!

One less thing to row about so no added stress. NO is an amazingly powerful word.

As "get to feck and it do it yourself" is a powerful phrase! ;)

No bravado here. I wanted to lay astro turf as was sick of cutting the grass. Wife said no as she liked the grass so guess who has cut the grass at our house in the last 16 years? I'll give you a clue. It's not me.

I work away from home most weeks doing 60+ hours and often another 8 hours at the weekend so my free time is play time not yet more work time. I don't mind gardening though and happy to knock up a stone wall or two and build a patio etc. Find that therapeutic in an odd sort of way. But hanging wallpaper or painting. No fecking way.... Lifes too short and plenty of small businesses to support to get that work done :) Doing my bit to support post Brexit business....

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

:shock: :clap: 

Evora NA