free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 106 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Laura

What made you happy today?

Oh my.... :wub:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Me and my father collect a few but didnt what to sound an idiot  when your talking about cars that are not completely your own.  

image.jpeg

Has your father expressed any interest in late in life adoption of another son?:)

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Simply polishing them would be a pleasure....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Has been known to work, too...(!)

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Not so much made me happy. But certainly got me panting with excitement!

http://boomsupersonic.com

Never got the chance to fly Concorde and regret it. Not gonna miss this though.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Pretty ambitious time frame. Seem to have the right talent in place. Best of luck to them all in their venture.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Concorde was designed by chaps with slide rules and took a LOT of basic wind tunnel research. The wing was a marvel of aerodynamics. We ought to be able to do better these days; the research has been done..Farnborough has closed down due to having already got the answers!! Thus the only thing standing between us and a new supersonic airliner has always been money. Given the finance, anything is possible. Once must remember that Concorde was initially intended to fly at a cost somewhere between cattle class and first class, but this was overtaken by the increase in fuel cost. The sonic boom, too, was more of a problem than originally envisaged...it's banned overland in the USA...so nothing is going to be simple. Good luck to them anyway..... 

Personally I think proper high speed travel needs to be sub orbital these days...the Skylon proposals, for example. Their engine is progressing...and they have EU funding, although how this idiotic "Brexit" nonsense will affect that is still to be seen. 

http://www.reactionengines.co.uk/index.html   

I quite like this "idiotic Brexit nonsense" as I truly believe it will get us back to our creative best - through innovation, invention, inspiration and perspiration we'll get back to finding solutions to tough problems which will give us the confidence to do more things. Remember, if we're not handing over hard earned taxes to Brussels then we can use that cash in other ways. As said before, we hand the Brussels Bully £10, he gives his us £5 back, then kicks the shot out of us for not being grateful enough for his generosity.

Anyway, let's keep politics out of it and hope this project does not get killed off.

• Like 2

Doing a cambelt today - and the weather's lovely!  You can all pop over for a brew.  :D

• Like 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I'm there, Sparkmeister! P.M. me a B.A. pass if you've not yet made your exit.

I've heard you can do things with a cambelt that would bring tears to the eyes of mere mortals.:lol:

• Like 1

Spending most of the day performing a service on piece of machinery.

Not yet in a state that I can service the Lotus, so it was a Gaggia Classic instead, but it sure beats resting.

• Like 1

Well, that was the nicest S4 I've ever worked on.  So I'm doubly happy.

• Like 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Bye bye to my Bentley - doubt I will ever buy another one of those !!

• Like 1

Only here once

Ooooh yes please. What time next year Marc? Let me plan...

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Bit sad - but the smell of folding notes soon made way for excitement and a determination to find another esprit !!

But what Barry? GT3? Go on, you know that you want one...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

9 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

What time next year Marc?

Good question, there is a lot to do but at least I have started now, I may be being optimistic but hopefully I would hope it would be on the road by mid summer. Not expecting it to be MSA compliant at that point though, just loud and quick:getmecoat:. May have also have had time to grow the Tony Pond tache (adds at least 10mph when going sideways).

25 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Ooooh yes please. What time next year Marc? Let me plan...

But what Barry? GT3? Go on, you know that you want one...

It's on santas list !! Let's see what pops up this off peak season.....

36 minutes ago, march said:

Can't do you one of those but what about one of these, currently trying to have it up and running for some time next year:

WP_20160928_17_20_37_Pro.jpg

Should look like this when done:

1977 Boucles de Spa Pond.JPG1..jpg

The scalextrix ones looked just as cool

Only here once

16 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Bit sad - but the smell of folding notes soon made way for excitement and a determination to find another esprit !!

Here we go again, the Lotus syndrum, Have money, must spend. Quandry, resto project or blow the lot on a good four pot before SWMBO discovers exactly how much was squirreled away. Or find a resto, keep some dosh to spend on the Mrs, gain Brownie points and still have some stashed for the project.

:pizza:

• Like 2

... sometimes forgiveness is better than permission...

... just saying ;)

• Like 1