free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 110 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

hello all.

after having driven up and down the greatest curvy road in the World transfagarashan in romania with half a meter of snow. Iam now in catania on scicilly in italia an it is 26 degrees 11 in the evening.

cheers.

jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

Okay, not today but on Saturday, took the Elise out for a drive. Happened upon another Elise, was a few cars ahead of me. Car in front pulled off, leaving me behind the lovely Yellow S1 in front. Was going to get their attention for a wave, when they noticed me and waved first.

I'm really enjoying the sense of community you get with a Lotus - it's pretty much impossible to drive past one in a Lotus without a nod or a wave from the other driver. Reminds me very much of motorcycling.

You don't get that in a Porsche!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

I have never experienced the same camaraderie in any other motoring club, and I have been a member of a fair few over the years. Lotus brotherhood lives.

• Like 1

My neighbour offered to take our son out in his evora to guage which is better, exige sc or evora... william had a great time the 2 of us cruising around. however the conclusion of a 9 year old:

"Dad, i prefer the red car as it has more buttons and a bigger boot"

But mines faster and has these silly harness seats, trying to reason with him

"yes, but i liked the electric wondows too"

so, according to a motoroing expert an evora is truly a better car than an exige

bah humbug i thought!

• Like 1

Smart Kid I'd say :thumbsup:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Stuart,

have you got any more pics of you Esprit? That is some garage I am sure if Mr Kearley put our heads together we must be able to find something wrong with the dado trunking though!!

That Elise is exactly the same spec as the one I had and miss.

Dan

• Like 1

Had an interview yesterday in my bedroom. Think I got the job - one of those game changer ones! Fingers crossed for the next couple of hours whilst they get back to me. I was the only one interviewing, was told they'd like me onboard, and now they're just doing a courtesy check with their boss first before they formally offer. 

If it all goes tits up, i'll post in the 'What made you un-happy' thread shortly.... :D 

• Gold FFM

Fingers crossed for you. I have been in the same boat for the past 5 months, had so many start dates cancelled, grrr. Hope you get a positive and not left hanging about.B-)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NeilP said:

My neighbour offered to take our son out in his evora to guage which is better, exige sc or evora... william had a great time the 2 of us cruising around. however the conclusion of a 9 year old:

"Dad, i prefer the red car as it has more buttons and a bigger boot"

But mines faster and has these silly harness seats, trying to reason with him

"yes, but i liked the electric wondows too"

so, according to a motoroing expert an evora is truly a better car than an exige

bah humbug i thought!

Find they toy he wants for Christmas, then in the same store show him one which despite being inferior has more buttons.:devil:

OK, perhaps having a 9 year old melt-down in a toy store/ electronics store may not be a good idea but it may be possible to get him to understand that more buttons does not equate to better when its on your toy.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, tinywillyuk said:

What made me happy today?  Bibs, our esteemed leader.

He knows what he's done...  and he's an all round good bloke.  Don't get many better.

Tooooo late. It's on FB this morning. Enjoy. Thats if I am speaking of the same event.