free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 111 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Got back from a nice weeks holiday in Turkey yesterday. Woke up early this morning, sun was shining, so what the hell, made a brew, opened the garage and warmed up the Evora and off I went for a wee drive. Empty roads, winter sun, stunning Scottish Scenery. Perfect. Got back, parked up the Evora and thought, ahh, shucks, the sun is still shining so snook straight back out in the VX220 and off I vroomed again...  Hehehe, hahaha, life is just so Peachy!

Finally just got home and thought, oh, wife looks a bit frosty. WTF have I done wrong, I mean, I even picked up a packet of tea cakes to be smothered with butter and have with a pot of tea together. Why the attitude?  After about 30 minutes she came right out with it - bloody hell I thought, at least I'm consistent as I forget it every year, I mean an anniversary is just another date in the calendar right? I mean, FFS, we've been married for 20 something years, what's to celebrate!

Anyway, she took the hump, and I got to smother all 4 toasted tea cakes in butter. I'm happy!

Till next time....

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

You get to play with two cracking cars on the day home, and you let her get frosty. dangerous position to be in buddy. Next time you want to spend some dosh on car parts or service, it will be payback. lol.

• Gold FFM

Well John, I spent the rest of the afternoon washing, polishing, cleaning, and generally lavishing love, car and attention on my darling...........twosome cars.  But all good in the end as I was too knackered to cook dinner so popped out for the best fish, chips and mushy peas takeaway for two.  My wife doesnae' ken how lucky she is! ;)

God, I hope she never finds this forum.....:rant:    :fish:       :ouch:     :help:

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Mrs W keeps asking me to show her how to properly wash and clean her car as I have never let her do it, other than the interior that is. Ah well going to lose some peaceful time I guess. I class it as my therapy time. Nothing sacred.

Your Missus wants to wash a car?  Ferk me, where did I go wrong?

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Yep, she's a good un. Mind you, it's her car and she gets it dirty, unless I have had it out for a blast of course. Then it's filthy, covered in mud and driven.

I'm working for Google Zurich on Friday on a new product, can't believe who the researcher is :lol:

Untitled.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Wow is that the usual quality of Google's grammar / English?

Wondered what Colin was up to these days..... ;)

It's a screen shot of an email. Some of the stuff further along was covered by the NDA! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I have worked with them a bit the past, never had a meeting with less than 6 people mind and that has been up to 15, played a bit of table tennis then marvelled at their invoice system which is truely brilliant. 

Hmm.... Some scumbags broke into my garage together with a number of other garages last night. One got away with some items (not from me), and the other got caught with his arms full of things from my garage, coming out of it, into the arms of the police. Outcome? I spent 550 gbp and a full 13 hours getting the biggest Locks, brackets, hardened metal plates etc. I could get my hands of, installing it all, and cleaned everything up from the big mess he left. Him? The police let him with a warning, and off he went, to make the next break in.

Sometimes one get to think that there is no such thing as Justice neither in this World, nor in a court of law. Will I thank fraulein Merkel and her swedish accomplish? No.

Still: I got my things back, but got lifted for a fair bit of Money by the shops. (reverse)  Shoplifting?  ;)

Instead I will send a nice thought upwards and buy my alert neighbour a nice box of chocolate.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Did the timing belt on the GTM this morning , what a piece of cake  the K series is compared to an esprit belt.  None of that setting the tension by frequency either.  Just drain and flush the coolant tomorrow then start it up.   

After doing "Stoptober" I am gonna get shit faced on Saturday! Wohoo!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

@andmac - welcome to the club - they do go well together.

We do need some pictures though - maybe before your wife sees it :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

What made me Happy Today. It's been a busy week. One Elan M100 ( Blue) off to Darlington to a first time Lotus owner. One Elan M100 (Green)  going off to France this morning to another first time owner. And yesterday we delivered an Excel up on the beautiful shores of Loch Ness, to a nice guy who already own's an Esprit .

Very pleased, as she is going to have her restoration completed and be sitting alongside the Esprit. Mind you his wife wasn't home to see it at that point.

So that's all four now gone over the last three month's. But hell, I miss that Esprit.

ExcelSE 02.jpgsm IMAG0222.jpgtest03.jpgDSC_0049.JPG 

Good luck Andy and I hope you enjoy the car.

• Like 2

:thumbup:

Evora NA

No booze for a month now.  After many years of heavy drink I decided to knock it on the head.  9 pints to get merry, blood pressure at 180 and the parotid glands swelling was the sign.  Feel much better now.  Though not posting so much drunk garbage anymore, just garbage.

• Like 1

Good effort, well done. Your local offie must be feeling the pinch...

Evora NA