free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 114 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

@Barrykearley - Try this one - it's the stuff elephants choose to get pissed on, so can't be too bad.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

There used to be an airline called Alliance Air (which was really South African Airlines in disguise). I would always fly with them when returning from Uganda to the UK. Good thing about it was that it stocked Amarula, and it was a very nice way of passing the flight. When I visited the UK at this time (late 90s), one of the only places I could buy Amarula at was the Spar in Blakeney - which happened to be where my parents lived :) On reflection, I must have spent a fair bit of the time away in a very mellow state.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

@Sparky. The finest rum in the world. In a plastic glass at Shirley Heights takes nothing away from it at all,  in fact it makes it taste better :)

20161204_170235_1480903271175.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I stop work the end of next week for Christmas :animier:

and look what the missus found in Morrisons for a tenner. It isn't gonna last the night out

IMG_0857.JPG

Difficult to see from that angle, but is that photo from the Blue Oyster Club's website?

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I stop work the end of next week for Christmas :animier:

and look what the missus found in Morrisons for a tenner. It isn't gonna last the night out

IMG_0857.JPG

Lightweight - my missus has just came back from Morrisons with 4 bottles

• Like 1

never mind that......

cant say Ive ever drunk pints of baileys.......

:P

willing to give it a go over Christmas tho'......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Now you're maybe on your way to understanding my cat puke comment. Tastes good going in but coming out....!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, theelanman said:

cant say Ive ever drunk pints of baileys........

I thought you could only drink it in pint glasses.

kinda reminds me of the billy Connolly two pints of creme dementhe 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

OMG. i think I've started something here :)

Whole new saying too, "hair of the cat".

I could I suppose have mentioned "hair of the pussy". But then that is a totally different conversation.

On that note. Good night.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

:D

20161205_192502_1480986491143.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Chocolate liqueur....thereby hangs a tale,

Many years ago, when Moley was ...er...."resting"..... my chum Bonzo and I had been to the pub, and after the lunchtime session ( they closed after lunch in those dark days) we arrived back at his pad, still with a thirst...and in inventive mood. Bonz had a large stock of obscure alcohols...and we were occasionally given to making concotions from his stock. This day we were drawn to a bottle of Grand Marnier, the orange liqueur....and wondered what might mix with it. Needed to be something that would go with orange...and, at the back of the shelf, we found a bottle of  Marks and Spencer Chocolate Liqueur. This had been given to Bonzo's lady some years before and had sat on the shelf, unmolested, ever since.

Memories of the delights of Terry's chocolate orange drifted into the brain; Grand Marnier and Chocolate liqueur....why not? Worth a go.... So we opened the Grand Marnier  and poured out half a liqueur glass of the stuff. Then opened the Choccystuff and filled the remainder of the glass. Much to our astonishment, the Choccystuff proved to be gin clear!! So we sampled some, neat...and it had an incredibly chocolatey flavour....so we risked the mixture.

It was delicious!! A magnificent melange of orange and chocolate, it was indeed like drinking one of Terry's finest confections. It was so good, we had another...and a third....all equally as good.

The fourth one, however.......Bonzo was pouring the M&S chocolate liqueur into the Grand Marnier when the clear liquid became a dribble. Bonz gave the bottle an encouraging shake.....and the largest lump of foul brown gloop we had ever seen came sliding down the neck of the bottle and fell, with a splash, into the glass!! It was an appalling sight.....the sort of thing that would quite spoil your lunch....for about a week.....(!)

It was obvious what had happened, the bottle had stood undisturbed for so long that the contents had separated...all the solid matter had formed a lump in the bottom of the bottle, and we had been drinking the clear spirituous stuff that remained as a chocolate flavoured spirit. Thus, no matter how magnificent our concoction had been...and lives on, in fond memory...repeating it again wasn't going to be possible. The oozing lump of brown gloop was far too reminiscent of Other Brown Gloop for us to persist with it, so we went on to gin and tonic......... 

• Like 2

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Wha' gwan? :D

20161206_143054_1481057799866.jpg

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

I'd heard the beach at Skegness had cleaned up well.

• Like 1

@Sparky. Visited English Harbour today,  they're practically giving this away so had to get a couple. You'll have to visit and see if we can't polish it off  :)

20161206_185956_1481065435472.jpg

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Being a clear but cold morning, I decided (against better judgement) to scrape the ice from the Esprit and take it to work for the first time in many weeks. Arrived with a big grin, no winter blues today! :stuart: 

And I've got a great evening with my lady (the real one) to look forward to as well. I'm sure my colleagues will be wondering why I'm smiling. :P

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

:D

20161208_125319_1481232995728.jpg

20161208_130800_1481233062147.jpg

• Like 2

Evora NA